1. You are currently not signed in. If you are already a registered user Please log in to get the full benefit from this site. If not, why not register and gain full access to our wonderful forums, view topics, make posts, and more! So if your not already a user, you can register by simply clicking the button to the right of this notice.

Cleaning Products

Discussion in 'Mechanical' started by Mikey, May 17, 2016.

1. Mikey

Mikey Street Fighter +

Looking for recommendations....a spray on degreasant that will break down years of crud and rinse off like shiney new ...what's best ?

2. lammyR6

lammyR6 Moderator Staff Member Moderator + Site Supporter

@MaDProFF - I was telling Mike about your foam stuff but couldn't remember the name.

3. MaDProFF

MaDProFF World Superbike +

Ahh Snow Foam, I put it on with a power washer, it sprays it at a very low pressure, leave it for a while and rinse it off, or if bike real bad use a sponge to wash it too. Snow foam is pretty good less cleaning by hand :) but you need a snow foam adapter, (mix of warm water and snow foam detergent in a bottle) and then a pressure washer to apply etc. I am sure there are other ways.
    I also use clutch and brake cleaner to get ride of real gunk, and tar etc. this is really good for cleaning stainless and alloy, Wheel Rims, and drys quickly, (Buy in 25 litre drums, cheap, and last for ever).
    I do not use things like Muc off greasers or cleaners, as from past experiences, and other, they can discolor paint etc if left on to long so easy to do

Mikey and lammyR6 like this.
  4. Miky_G

Miky_G World Superbike +

Sdoc is good but expensive.

lammyR6 likes this.
  5. Mikey

Mikey Street Fighter +

Where do you get snow foam from ?

Friends (joey) it's snow in a can lol

6. MaDProFF

MaDProFF World Superbike +

http://www.autobritedirect.co.uk/

There are other places, I bought my pressure washer as well from these people but I got a special offer when it was on, so was a lot cheaper, there does not seem to be any deals atm :(

Mikey likes this.
  7. Miky_G

Miky_G World Superbike +

Just go to your local pound shop, they have products in there that do the same job. If they don't work very well then its only a £1 venture ha ha !

I use them and they're actually pretty good.

lammyR6 likes this.
  8. Russell

Russell Race Rep +

Second on the pound shop, works just as good as the muc off stuff. Just make you you use a brush rather than a sponge to agitate so you are not scraping grit on your paintwork

9. BlackHornet

BlackHornet Look before you turn Staff Member Moderator +

Coke and silver foil to remove rust on chrome etc.