1. You are currently not signed in. If you are already a registered user Please log in to get the full benefit from this site. If not, why not register and gain full access to our wonderful forums, view topics, make posts, and more! So if your not already a user, you can register by simply clicking the button to the right of this notice.

Innovv K1 Bike Camera Install

Discussion in 'Mechanical' started by Roadwart, Jul 18, 2016.

1. Roadwart

Roadwart Administrator Staff Member Administrator +

Following on from my Fuzeblock install, while I had all the tupperware off the bike it was the perfect time to start this. The first thing was to decide where to mount the front camera. I decided to mount it somewhere under the headlight but set back a bit so it had some protection from the elements & also to minimise any glare from the headlamp, should I decide to ride after dark. The most obvious place I could see was the oil cooler trim cover. This would also mean the cable routing could follow a nice clear route through existing channels to the rear of the bike where the DVR unit will be housed.

I removed the oil cooler trim cover & made a mental note to clean the dead bugs out.

20160718_193844sm.jpg

After deciding where to mount the camera on the trim, I drilled a 6.5mm hole in the top to take the camera between the centre partition & the existing trim mounting hole.

20160718_193830sm.jpg

The hole was cleaned out of swarf & gently sanded to make it flat on both sides & the camera bracket was bolted to this with a large washer inside to give it some strength & secured with threadlock & a flat square nut. The camera was fitted with a hard lens protector & was then mounted to the bracket with a flat washer against the bolt (threadlocked again) & a spring washer between the bracket & the camera body to provide a bit of tension. The cable was then fed through the panels & the cooler trim refitted.

20160718_204344sm.jpg

Guess who forgot to clean his oil cooler before refitting?

The rear camera was a fairly simple job of removing one of the rear lens cover bolts, bending the bracket slightly so the camera sat level & bolting it all back together with threadlock.

20160718_204335sm.jpg

Last edited: Jul 26, 2016
    Panel Man and BlackHornet like this.
  2. Roadwart

Cams all up & running. here's a little test clip I did from home to T. Wells on Saturday. Not a very exciting ride but shows off the cameras capability quite nicely as it deals with changing light levels.

Tony and Mikey like this.
  3. hoppielimp

hoppielimp Fair Weather Rider +

Bloody hell, that music must have been playing really loud to drown out the bike noise :p

4. Roadwart

:rofl2:

The sound from the camera was a bit hit & miss as I think I didn't have one of the cables seated correctly so thought it best just to replace it :)