1. You are currently not signed in. If you are already a registered user Please log in to get the full benefit from this site. If not, why not register and gain full access to our wonderful forums, view topics, make posts, and more! So if your not already a user, you can register by simply clicking the button to the right of this notice.

Hood Jeans

Discussion in 'Main Forum' started by SuzuKeith, Sep 14, 2016.

1. SuzuKeith

SuzuKeith World Superbike +

Anyone any info, thoughts on Hood jeans pls. Are they better than Draggin jeans or are both over rated ??

2. hoppielimp

hoppielimp Fair Weather Rider +

i think from memory, Hood are pretty good, as they cover the entire surface waist down until the top of your boots. Draggin may have changed, but they used to lined only around the Butt and side of the thighs around to the quads...nothing on the hammy's or lower down. or the front/balls/pubic area. Draggins felt a bit scratchy and bulky despite partial lining. Haven't tried the Hoods for comfort, though Hood use K-Tech Para-Aramid opposed to Dyneema/Kevlar.

Hoods also offer free alterations...

Probably just me, but I would buy either of those over £30 Aldi 'Kevlar' Jeans.

edit/There are American Draggins, and Australian Draggins....The American ones are apparently crap and rip-offs of the Australian Draggins, whic are the Original ones.

3. BlackHornet

BlackHornet Look before you turn Staff Member Moderator +

I have dragging jeans, red route some other brand that were well over £100 and four pairs of £35.00 Aldi jeans The Aldi are by far the best for fit and comfort plus thicker denim and the same coverage of Kevlar as the others.

I have looked at the fully lined Kevlar jeans but so far the only ones I have seen have been bulky and heavy ( second layer of comfort fabric on top of the Kevlar) great for winter I guess but crap in the summer.

I know Leila just got some leggings where all the Kevlar was built into the material rather than the second layer but only seen that on hers.

make sure you try them on and sit on a bike as the Red route ones I got are crap to ride in so I've only used them a few times .

4. RedRock

RedRock Street Fighter +

Not sure Keith wud feel comfortable wearing leggings out in public! But if you do fancy a pair they have them at Fast Lane Tonbidge on the PINK rail :giggle:

lammyR6 likes this.
  5. hoppielimp

hoppielimp Fair Weather Rider +

6. BlackHornet

BlackHornet Look before you turn Staff Member Moderator +

hey I already crash tested a set :D and they survived better than the leather jacket :D well until they were cut off me :( and they would have taken more impact :thumbsup: or :thumbsdown: depending how you look at it :shrug:
    but should I ever find myself sliding at a constant speed for just under a kilometer :rolleyes: maybe I will think about a change, FFs what kind of test is that for jeans ? if you slide for 850 meters on the road you will have hit four cars, three curbs a few fences, maybe the odd house. Nothing saves you from that :cry:

7. Beelady

Beelady British Superbike +

I love Hood jeans. I used to wear them all day at work and forget they weren't just ordinary jeans. They have the most area covered by para-aramid and they're really hard wearing and last for years. I've not test crashed a pair yet but they seem really well made. If you buy new they'll hem them to the length you ask for. Remember to get them made long so they don't end up above the ankle and make you look silly on the bike.

8. MaDProFF

MaDProFF World Superbike +

Imo Rokker are the best, and by far most expensive :( http://www.southeastcountiesbikers.co.uk/threads/5728/

Depends on what version of dragging jeans you get to kelvar lining coverage, mine all the way to shin, kelvar also deteriaorates over time and especially washing. There are others bit some are thick and heavy but great protection.

9. SuzuKeith

SuzuKeith World Superbike +

Thanks guys for yr comments. Yes Bret had read that thread but I cannot afford or wish to spend £350 on jeans. I think that try then buy is a good idea so my next question is who/where is the nearest stockist, he says looking at you Beelady as yr nearest to me ??

10. Beelady

You buy direct from Hood Jeans. You can ring them with any queries and talk to real people. Google them and you'll be able to see the whole range. It looks as if they still do the leg length to fit, for no extra. If you're feeling mean you can trawl ebay. There are sometimes a few pairs on there late in the year when the wet weather sets in again and also around Christmas time when everyone sells everything to get some money together. I have bought 2 new pairs and 2 second hand with the labels still on. Sizing is generous.

lammyR6 likes this.
  11. JohnA

JohnA Street Fighter +

Got 3 pairs from Hood, 2 for me, one for girlfriend.
    Even toured on them for weeks, washed them a couple of times - they're still like new, still fit perfectly.
    There's leeway to adjust height of armour inserts, so they fit spot on.
    I went for 1" longer than normal trousers, so they cover short boots when on the bike. If they were any longer, they'd look silly when off the bike. And I think they're meant to be worn with short boots (above ankle of course), if you need full-size boots then you should probably be wearing leathers.

Would recommend them unreservedly.

12. Beelady

Mine fit over my long boots just fine but you can tuck them into your boots as the para-aramid ends at shin level. Just adjust them carefully so the boot fastening isn't right against a seam. Unless you have fat legs and tight boots, of course.