1. You are currently not signed in. If you are already a registered user Please log in to get the full benefit from this site. If not, why not register and gain full access to our wonderful forums, view topics, make posts, and more! So if your not already a user, you can register by simply clicking the button to the right of this notice.

Monthly Meet , February 2017

Discussion in 'Main Forum' started by lisa lou, Feb 1, 2017.

1. lisa lou

lisa lou Race Rep +

it's that time again where i ask where is the 1st wed/thursday of the month meeting ?
    as miserable as the weather does anyone know where and when it is ?

2. lammyR6

lammyR6 Moderator Staff Member Moderator + Site Supporter

Oh man. Hadn't realised it was already that time! Not sure I can make tonight either, nor had a think about place and time.

lisa lou likes this.
  3. Panel Man

Panel Man Secret prototype +

I've thought of little else! Pleeeeeeez come, Lammy... It's ages since I've seen you lot and those Tiger Prawns aren't going to eat themselves.

lisa lou likes this.
  4. BlackHornet

BlackHornet Look before you turn Staff Member Moderator +

January was such a long month that I had forgotten about the meet. Will have to see if I get home at a sensible time.

5. Panel Man

Just come straight from work! ...I do.

Eagle likes this.
  6. Rosie

Rosie Sport Tourer +

Yep so had I and it would be nice to hook up with people . This is getting a little previous. Missed it last month so Where? Today or Tomorrow ?
    Is it happening this month?

lisa lou likes this.
  7. Roadwart

Roadwart Administrator Staff Member Administrator +

I too had forgotten about it. My brains telling me its next week. We're not going to make it as Sue had a rough night last night. I`m likely to have to work a bit late to get my month end finished as my oppo here put his back out on Monday & is currently at home on a nice little cocktail of prescription meds.

8. Panel Man

At the risk of irritating all those who live too far away, could I suggest we hold it at the Tiger and Prawn in Hawkhurst (or whatever it's called). At least I know my way there. I'll aim for 6:30pm if anyone fancies a drink :)

9. lisa lou

lisa lou Race Rep +

i'm happy with tiger prawns at Oak and Ivy hawkhurst, as it's not too far.
    like Sue didn't sleep well but am resting with my own cocktail of drugs and hope to make it

Roadwart and Panel Man like this.
  10. Panel Man

Looks like thee 'n me, loov, unless anybody fancies playing raspberry ...strawberry. No, that's not right. Ah! Gooseberry!

lisa lou likes this.
  11. lisa lou

lisa lou Race Rep +

looks like Rosie is coming when she catches up with thread and realises it's tonight at Oak and Ivy hawkhurst :)

12. lisa lou

lisa lou Race Rep +

Oak and Ivy , Hawkhurst Rosie, see you for a catch up there :bump:

Rosie likes this.
  13. lammyR6

I may be there. Confirm later

lisa lou and Panel Man like this.
  14. lisa lou

lisa lou Race Rep +

15. Rosie

Rosie Sport Tourer +

Well, I've had a nice long soak in the bath. Does anyone do that these days with power showers? I'll see you guys in a while. Its nice having a dossy day off once in a while. Still waiting for better biking weather though.

lisa lou likes this.
  16. lammyR6

On my way soon

17. Mikey

Mikey Street Fighter +

Hadn't seen post and kinda thought it would be next week so will have to be another time for me enjoy

18. lisa lou

lisa lou Race Rep +

19. lisa lou

lisa lou Race Rep +

me ! i do that .... i don't even have a power shower and as our water pressure here isn't as good as it should be my water bill is higher than most :shrug:

20. Panel Man

Well, now ...ladeez and gents! That was a most relaxing and enjoyable evening. At one point I thought I'd have Lisa all to myself, but Lammy, Black Hornet and Rosie all joined us, so an especially jolly time was had. I cannot resist posting my first Tiger Prawn report of the New Year (they were in relatively short supply, just four per plate) but were of excellent pedigree and preparation. Oh yeah ...there was some rabbit food with them which was crunchy. Now - on to the architectural achievement which was the fish and chips: I tell you, the chef is probably a Jenga champion on his days off. I think he may have been watching one of those fancy cooking programmes in which extra marks are awarded for the highest assemblage of shavings of squirrel eyebrow. For those who have read recently that over-cooked (ie. properly cooked) chips are bad for you because of the crispy edges, I'm afraid the chips tonight were on the pale side. Mine were, and so too were Lisa's. Before anyone gets the wrong idea, I asked first...

Then on to pudding. Much as I might have enjoyed my usual apple pie and a slice of cheddar or perhaps Spotted Dick for a change, I sacrificed myself in order to provide taster portions of banoffee pie for Lammy and Lisa. Tom, though checked out the apple pie, although the rate at which he inhaled it makes me doubt he tasted it on the way down.

We must have behaved, because our hosts called out, "See you next month" as we left. Clearly the group's reputation is waning. We missed all the hellraisers in SECB: Roadie, Stars n Stripes, MadProff, GaryA, Fergy... Where are you all? (N.B. - I didn't list anyone's Missus as a hell raiser; I'm far too sensible for that).

That was a lovely evening, folks. It was great to see you :)

Eagle, lisa lou, Jon Weston and 2 others like this.