1. You are currently not signed in. If you are already a registered user Please log in to get the full benefit from this site. If not, why not register and gain full access to our wonderful forums, view topics, make posts, and more! So if your not already a user, you can register by simply clicking the button to the right of this notice.

Talan Bbc Interview

Discussion in 'Main Forum' started by T.C, Apr 24, 2017.

1. T.C

T.C Custom cruiser +

Many of you will have heard me talk about Talan, and even though I am no longer with the firm that sponsors him, we still keep in touch and I help him out where I can as a friend rather than a sponsor.

Well he has just spent the weekend doing some demo rides at Tandragee and was interviewd by the BBC over there.

I thought you might be interested to see the interview.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/39692655

Beelady likes this.
  2. Beelady

Beelady British Superbike +

I was impressed by a chap at a hill climb I went to recently. He slid across from his wheelchair and onto a bike and then proceeded to set a good time. Later on I met him on a charity stall (The Bike Experience) for disabled bikers, helping out with T shirt sales. I think your friend is mentioned on their website.
    I am a long time member of the NABD who help bikers like me who need help to get back or stay on road bikes but it was good to see a lot of people supporting something that gives others even just a tiny hint of the pleasure we can have any time we feel like it.
    There are some very determined people out there who love bikes every bit as much as we do.

3. T.C

T.C Custom cruiser +

You are right :) The reason he is mentions is because Talan is and owns The Bike Experience. He runs it in parallel to the race team http://www.tbex.co.uk/ and has people helping him run the charity. You will occasionally see me up at Silverstone or at Odiham helping out ;)

A branch of tbex has also just started up in the USA as well and Talan was instrumental in helping them set up and allowing them (the Americans)to use the name although he has no day to day involvement with them. The Americans spent something like a year shadowing tbex here in the UK before setting up over there.

hoppielimp, BlackHornet and Beelady like this.