1. You are currently not signed in. If you are already a registered user Please log in to get the full benefit from this site. If not, why not register and gain full access to our wonderful forums, view topics, make posts, and more! So if your not already a user, you can register by simply clicking the button to the right of this notice.

Why I Never Lead :p

Discussion in 'Main Forum' started by MaDProFF, Apr 26, 2017.

1. MaDProFF

MaDProFF World Superbike +

lammyR6 and lisa lou like this.
  2. hoppielimp

hoppielimp Fair Weather Rider +

I wonder if there is a challenge to that...it has been 7.5 years ago...

BlackHornet and lisa lou like this.
  3. MaDProFF

MaDProFF World Superbike +

I must admit I am somewhat surprised on the ruling, sure a good solicitor would have talked their way out of the one. It certainly should have been appealed, and if not, a little surprised a Motorbike Group etc. did not take it up to get it over turned.
    Next big Question, if you are not breaking the speed limit, and leading but a bike in the group, or following is caught doing say 120 MPH, wonder where you stand as a leader then????????

lisa lou likes this.
  4. T.C

T.C Custom cruiser +

I think you will find it never went to trial and got dropped by the CPS.

I will do a bit of digging

5. BlackHornet

BlackHornet Look before you turn Staff Member Moderator +

Pretty sure TC is right and it never happened.

6. T.C

T.C Custom cruiser +

Done a bit of digging. Unfortunately I cannot post the transcript up, but the long and the short of it is that it did go to trial in 2010 but the Judge aquitted them before it even really got started.

The view of the Judge was that there was no evidence to support excess speed by the group leader or indeed the group themselves, and the riders who were killed chose to ride in the manner they did. In other words, nobody forced or coerced them to ride too quickly or play catch up.

So Judge threw the case out no further action, but as is typical, press jumped on the bandwagon when the prosecution was pending, but hardly a peep or a mention when they got aquitted. Typical press. ;)

Anyway, hope that helps.

Panel Man, Beelady, lisa lou and 7 others like this.
  7. Roadwart

Roadwart Administrator Staff Member Administrator +

Thanks TC. Its always nice to hear the outcomes, good or bad, when something like this story suddenly goes cold.

Panel Man and lisa lou like this.