1. You are currently not signed in. If you are already a registered user Please log in to get the full benefit from this site. If not, why not register and gain full access to our wonderful forums, view topics, make posts, and more! So if your not already a user, you can register by simply clicking the button to the right of this notice.

Sunday 30th April

Discussion in 'General Rideouts' started by MaDProFF, Apr 29, 2017.

1. MaDProFF

MaDProFF World Superbike +

Anyone out and about, weathers looks ok in morning and not so in aftrnoon

2. BlackHornet

BlackHornet Look before you turn Staff Member Moderator +

Yeah. The plan is to meet Lucia at the 7 diner.
    Your leading us up in the morning to find her :)

3. lammyR6

lammyR6 Moderator Staff Member Moderator + Site Supporter

I may make it but it all depends on the messiness of tonight!

4. MaDProFF

well just need a time earlier the better, suppose at Mc'ds you decide on time. Just a Warning I left at 5 AM on bike this morning it was 0Âșc and misty in places :p so Cold

5. BlackHornet

we are aiming to meet there at 11 am ( the 7 diner )
    is an hour from Maresfield about right ?

6. MaDProFF

Depends how a good twisty ride you want

7. BlackHornet

although with possible Leila and Micky coming from Hastings area it might be better to meet nearer to them and take the route up passed brands hatch via yalding :rolleyes:

8. MaDProFF

I don't mind, not know that route though, maybe a sedate route up and a twisty fun one back as long as we are not too late and it not rain, can do the East Grinstead new tarmac too.

9. BlackHornet

How about leave the 1066 at 9.45 and try lamberhusrt, bidbourgh way ?

10. MaDProFF

Fine by me

BlackHornet likes this.
  11. Carl Berg

Carl Berg Sport Tourer +

I'm meeting a few others at the Oakdene cafe at 10am to have a cuppa & a chinwag about Monday. It appears there's something going on :whistle:

12. Carl Berg

Carl Berg Sport Tourer +

The newest tarmac is from the Edenbridge turning on the A264 westwards. Lots of smooth but shiney tarmac. It needs a bit of rain to wash the surfaces down. But they've still not done that bit between Ashurst & the junction with the Penshurst/Fordcombe turning where it dips down & then sharply to the right. There's a line of solidified concrete right on the better line :mad:

13. Tomasbe

Tomasbe Custom cruiser +

I'll be in 7diner around 11.

lammyR6 likes this.
  14. lammyR6

lammyR6 Moderator Staff Member Moderator + Site Supporter

Not long awake and a tad fragile so won't make this meet. May catch up later.

15. MaDProFF

Lamer Lammy missed a great great day out, many incidents, way over the top Milk Shake that fills you up before your main course. Things come in 3's 2 car pull outs, and 3rd, Reeling in a Discovery quickly coming out of a bend on the Edenbridge - Lingfield road, in twisty section not far from Dormansland turn off, knowing there was a quick over take the car decided to slam it's brakes on to let a pheasant cross the road, had to stand bike up and brake rather hard for the 3rd time, poor old brakes never had so much use, Tom did you see it?
    We will not mention the Overtake that I crossed white line a little following some cars and 3 bikes, one with POLITE Across it's back, then second glance at it said "POLICE" to find out it was a bike safe, Had to follow for a while, he kept trying to let me me pass but thought "stuff that" not want him to get my number plate just in case and we turned off, went a different way only to see them pass us again at Junction 10 miles down the road so another detour :) Still good day and got home just before the rain drips. Good to see all and Lucia

16. Roadwart

Roadwart Administrator Staff Member Administrator +

We missed the ride start so went for bimble on our own only to Pass Brett & Tom on our way back home.

17. MaDProFF

Yeah dont oftencride through town but was still trying to hide :)

Roadwart likes this.
  18. Tomasbe

Tomasbe Custom cruiser +

[QUOTE="MaDProFF, post: 81249, member: 303]
    We will not mention the Overtake that I crossed white line a little following some cars and 3 bikes, one with POLITE Across it's back, then second glance at it said "POLICE" to find out it was a bike safe, Had to follow for a while, he kept trying to let me me pass but thought "stuff that" not want him to get my number plate just in case and we turned off, went a different way only to see them pass us again at Junction 10 miles down the road so another detour :) Still good day and got home just before the rain drips. Good to see all and Lucia[/QUOTE]
    I saw this and was wondering myself if it was police or polite idiot. Then we turned off... When we split I ended up behind them later on.
    I was rushing to get home quickly so then, for some unknown to me reason, in Dunton Green instead of going strait I turned right in search for A21! Yeah, now I know it wasn't wise as I ended up in Wrotham. Slight detour but not when you're late...

BlackHornet likes this.
  19. BlackHornet

I saw this and was wondering myself if it was police or polite idiot. Then we turned off... When we split I ended up behind them later on.
    I was rushing to get home quickly so then, for some unknown to me reason, in Dunton Green instead of going strait I turned right in search for A21! Yeah, now I know it wasn't wise as I ended up in Wrotham. Slight detour but not when you're late...[/QUOTE]
    somehow we caught them up yet again too :giggle::giggle: more detours followed :thumbsup:

20. MaDProFF