1. You are currently not signed in. If you are already a registered user Please log in to get the full benefit from this site. If not, why not register and gain full access to our wonderful forums, view topics, make posts, and more! So if your not already a user, you can register by simply clicking the button to the right of this notice.

Some Intersting Facts About My Riding :)

Discussion in 'Main Forum' started by MaDProFF, May 17, 2017.

1. MaDProFF

MaDProFF World Superbike +

Some may know, some don't but at the moment I am riding a R1200 GS, I added the Sat Nav as part of the deal Garmin, IV BMW one. (My old Garmin is old although still works great).

Anyhow The Sat Nav holds a huge amount of info about Bike etc.

So Miles so far 276.

Average 52.3 miles to a gallon, not to bad considering it is a new engine.
    Average speed so far 37 MPH tbf that is not too shabby either
    1804 Gear Changes now not sure if that was the last trip of 53 miles or overall still a lot I might add
    Average Throttle position LOL 17% Well it is been run in
    Front Brakes 615 but rear 894 uses Yeah I like to get the back end out :) and live up a dodgy Gravel drive

Just amuses me

lisa lou, alexs, Fergy and 2 others like this.
  2. Blade rr6

Blade rr6 World Superbike +

Clever stuff that Brett:thumbsup: I've added the bits you missed out, hope you don't mind:giggle:Nice bike buddy!

Last edited: May 17, 2017
    alexs, BlackHornet and MaDProFF like this.
  3. MaDProFF

ERRRRR not worn any textiles yet on it, only Jeans and Leather jacket so far :p Actually,

Blade rr6 likes this.
  4. hoppielimp

hoppielimp Fair Weather Rider +

The Duc got the heave ho ? ... Can you reach the ground on a GS or have you got really high heeled Daytonas :giggle:
    I thought the GS's were using the Garmin / BMW V ... Love the ring controller and Pro Shift Assist !

5. MaDProFF

Hoppie the Factory Lowered Suspension, with low Seat makes the GS actually slightly Lower than my Ducati, it has moved on to IV 6 now. Still got DUC for time being, but that is a long story :) but not intending in keeping it

6. lammyR6

lammyR6 Moderator Staff Member Moderator + Site Supporter

More to the point - what are you doing up at 4am :eek: :sleep: :sleep: lol

7. Vitesse45

Vitesse45 Street Fighter +

well for anyone that wants a go on a BMW,
    BOX HILL 20/21 May Demo bikes
    I will be one of the 'Guide' riders on Sat only
    last weekend at Bury Hill
    1-IMG_3371.JPG 2-IMG_3375.JPG

BlackHornet likes this.
  8. BlackHornet

BlackHornet Look before you turn Staff Member Moderator +

Can you bag me the S1000 R & RR :D:D:D

9. MaDProFF

Yeah, have to work sometimes :( (Or so everyone thinks :p )

Better not ride any more BMW's might want another one :(

10. MaDProFF

Ring Controller ok, although I seem to catch it with glove sometimes, and wonder why the Compass is up on the Sat Nav. As for Pro Shift, not really had a chance yet still running it in, and that is best used above 5k I guess.
    Gonna have to trash this one a bit more compared to the Duc, do notice that initial punch that you had on the Multi, but tbf to the GS it is early and engine tight, with the Peak torque higher up the range on the GS.
    Still got the really high heeled Daytonas on as well :)

11. hoppielimp

hoppielimp Fair Weather Rider +

I sat on a lowered GS in Chandlers (a lady ordered it...so they said :whistle:). They feel really well balanced. Have you done the throttle blip whilst doing a right hander ? The boxer tends to stand the bike up, which is a little weird. Still the water cooled engine is a refinement over the air cooled twin, but yeah you have going to work that engine more than the Duc to get the most of it... a lovely mile cruncher though.

12. MaDProFF

On Paper there is very little difference in Weight and size compared to the Multistrada, in fact the GS is actually narrower at is widest point, (Wing Mirrors) it is only just longer, and wheel base just a little longer too, weight is only 7 kg ish heavier.
    It feels lighter and less top heavy than the Multi until you fill fuel tank to the brim.
    No Bleeps yet, but I have noticed when you rev the engine stationary it hardly moves the bike where as older GS, even LC ones used to twist the bike a far bit.
    Smoother Ride/ Engine than the Multi, and Plusher, and quite flickable, though It will never be quite as manageable as the Multi when riding, but not to far apart, more so for me than the K1300R for sure.
    Still early days.

hoppielimp likes this.
  13. Vitesse45

Vitesse45 Street Fighter +

Get in early as they only have 2 RR's there so they tend to get booked up :disco:

14. Roadwart

Roadwart Administrator Staff Member Administrator +

I had a GS Tuesday evening & Wednesday & I have to say, although nothing like my current bike, I quite enjoyed riding it. Although I've never been a fan of the 1200 boxer engine (Its too "lumpy" for the RT & RS) the GS is the bike that is perfect for it. The bars felt noticeably wider compared to my GT but that said, it still filtered easily down the A27. I had to ride it in Weds torrential rain & although the bike had a "rain mode" it was still very compliant when left in dynamic. I also loved the vertically expanding top box that was fitted. The only problem I had was even with the ESA dropped right down, it was still quite a climb for Sue to get on the back & she said she felt like she was sitting way above me.

15. alexs

alexs World Superbike +

Assign the Multi over to me Brett...plenty of rental customers for it!

16. MaDProFF

Lets see what Ducati have to say after they have stripped it down