1. You are currently not signed in. If you are already a registered user Please log in to get the full benefit from this site. If not, why not register and gain full access to our wonderful forums, view topics, make posts, and more! So if your not already a user, you can register by simply clicking the button to the right of this notice.

Sunday 28th May Alf's To Loomies Bury Hill

Discussion in 'General Rideouts' started by Vitesse45, May 29, 2017.

1. Vitesse45

Vitesse45 Street Fighter +

I did a little run out yesterday with a group from Club Kawasaki from Alf's in worthing to loomies and back to Bury Hill.

It all started well with 11 bikes, great so the last person turns up and yes! he needs to fill up before we set off, so no problem the garage is on route a 1 mile away, so we regroup at the petrol station to set off, great he we go, already explained the drop off system to everybody in person, we pull out of station straight onto a roundabout which we are taking the last exit, to pass by the station in the opposite direction, some are still pulling out as we go bye the other way [​IMG]

anyway seeing at least 4 sets of lights in my mirrors all seems well, up to lights turn right, drop a marker and on to the next roundabout.......mmmmmm only 3 sets of lights, so pull in next to roundabout went the marker turns up and says he waited for the lights to go through its cycle and NO BIKES!!! so just the 4 of us then [​IMG]

So along the A27 [​IMG] until we get to the Goodwood turning and yes as we pull over 2 of the group going to fast to turn go flying past......mmmmmm down to the 2 of us anyhow we had a great run to loomies via some fantastic back twisty roads and get to Loomies without any more losses [​IMG]

After about 10 mins the 2 that we lost on the A27 arrived and explained why they 'missed' us and which way they came, followed on 15 mins later by the rest of the group [​IMG] It was then decided that we would make are own way to Bury Hill [​IMG] well I'm pleased to say we all made it there in a group (waiting for the slower riders instead of 'marking') well almost, as the last rider missed us turning in to Bury Hill and went sailing past with a couple of other bikes [​IMG]

BUT, a Great run out for me and Lee who on a restricted ER6 did not lose me once, ok I waited for him but still very impressed with the lad (19)[​IMG]
    Alf's 28 may.jpg Loomies 2.jpg Loomies .jpg Bury 28 may.jpg

RedRock likes this.
  2. RedRock

RedRock Street Fighter +

I was at both places yesterday. Early 1 to Loomies via Sheer. There about 9am left 11ish to Bury Hill. Quick cuppa then back via Newlands Corner. Was with ZX10r group, no drop off & lost no-one. :D

3. hoppielimp

hoppielimp Fair Weather Rider +

Lol, quite a few times I've led a group. Everyone nods at the briefing about 2nd man drop off... 1st corner.... No marking... I stop and ask, if he knows what 2nd man drop off is... He shakes his head... :shrug: and he's not unique ... :swn:

Thankfully no one from here...yet...:)

MaDProFF likes this.