1. You are currently not signed in. If you are already a registered user Please log in to get the full benefit from this site. If not, why not register and gain full access to our wonderful forums, view topics, make posts, and more! So if your not already a user, you can register by simply clicking the button to the right of this notice.

Novice only trackday 1st Aug- Brands

Discussion in 'Biker events' started by Benji54, Jul 15, 2011.

1. Benji54

Benji54 Learner

not sure where to post this but there is a novice only TD at brands on 1st august (monday). Its a bit cheaper than a normal day (you do potentially get 2 sessions fewer) but it IS shared with cars so you get to chuckle at saxos doing 60 down the main straight! You have to have done less than 3 TD's there before but its a perfect opportunity for those who havent done one before or for those who are a bit nervous! I did my first one in May and loved it! Its not all sports bikes either (i was stuck for 5 laps behind a multistrada!!)

If any one fancies it, ill be there so feel free to share my garage and my tools if you need to!

2. Ducky

Ducky Quackers! +

Mmm not so keen on Mr Saxo driver overcooking a corner and taking me out with him! :laugh:

3. Benji54

Benji54 Learner

you take it in turns!! Bloody hell! not at the same time! Imagine getting into druids with an Evo up your chuff!! no ta!

4. Ducky

Ducky Quackers! +

Oh I see! :oops: LOL :laugh:

5. Yoda

Yoda Sport Tourer + Site Supporter

Ducky you cant go in Novices they will Kick you out Mate - You a Inter at Least Mate

6. Ducky

Ducky Quackers! +

I haven't done Brands 3 times...:D haha, but I'm working anyway....:(

7. Yoda

;LOL - i have but how would they ever know ?

8. Benji54

Benji54 Learner

they tried to move me up last time...this will be my 3rd outing at brands but im gunna use it as a last crack to get everything right. im still struggling with grahame hill...

9. Ducky

Ducky Quackers! +

:cautious:...I guess they wouldn't, unless you were carving up the field...:cautious:

10. Benji54

Benji54 Learner

i did in the wet! i think i passed almost everyone!

11. Yoda

LOL LOL - 2 years ago at Brand No limets moved me in fast why is this happerning to me - Did get on fine at Lydden after getting over the first session - lol

12. Ducky

Ducky Quackers! +

I think once you get over the 'fear' that a 'fast' group in stills in people (visions of ex WSB riders testing etc :laugh:), it's probably not so bad as there is always overlap between the groups usually.

13. Panel Man

Panel Man Secret prototype +

It's when there's overlap within the novices' group that trouble brews!

Ducky likes this.
  14. Ducky

Ducky Quackers! +

Yeah I think that would explain the amount of crashes last time! :eek:

15. BlackHornet

BlackHornet Look before you turn Staff Member Moderator +

do we know how much it will be? i could be tempted :laugh:

16. Skortchio

Skortchio Caustic +

I'm near Brands, haven't done 3 days there... recently...

17. Benji54

Benji54 Learner

its £120 or £125 quid i think. Should be a really good day, be great if some of u wanna come. Its with club msv so very well run too.

18. Yoda

Possible to soon for me after my opp :cry: #plus i am on the No limits at the Midle of Aug on the GP (Full track Mate ) - so Will sit this out But will go on next one with you mate Fancy Cadwell or Snetterton mate can come up with me in the Van pleaty of room for you !!!

19. Kevin Taylor

Kevin Taylor Off Roader +

If I recall correctly not one novice session was interrupted by an incident. It's all the quicker boys over cooking it.:eek:
    And by referring to the large overlap in the novices would they be talking about that useless slow TWAT on the yellow daytona. :disco:

20. Benji54

Benji54 Learner

so anyone up for it??