1. You are currently not signed in. If you are already a registered user Please log in to get the full benefit from this site. If not, why not register and gain full access to our wonderful forums, view topics, make posts, and more! So if your not already a user, you can register by simply clicking the button to the right of this notice.

Motorcycle Specific Campaigns

Discussion in 'Main Forum' started by T.C, May 30, 2017.

1. T.C

T.C Custom cruiser +

Over the past few years we have had campaigns about Diesel Spills, potholes and a few other less profile issues,

But I am interested and thought I would ask the question as to whether you feel that something obvious has been missed in the grand scheme of things?

It relates to something I am discussing at work at the moment.

I would really like to hear your thoughts and reasons.

Thanks.

2. MaDProFF

MaDProFF World Superbike +

Ha Ha Cyclists :p
    Gravel is also a major issue, comes from re-surfacing, as well as roads falling apart.
    I do find it frustrating how White Lines on the Centre, and edges of roads are so poor now, (quiet often no lines at all now) even unbroken white lines where it is illegal to cross you have to think twice if it is solid or not, in poor weather, rain, especially fog, with a visor down it is so much better, and far safer to see bright white lines at night. (in a car too)
    Get rid of Speed humps they are killing us.
    Filtering is always on the edge of arguments.
    I would love to see motorways lit at night too, especially in poor weather.

Do not leave us hanging if we do not get it in the end the one you are discussing at work

3. T.C

T.C Custom cruiser +

Why is filtering on the edge of arguments as you put it? Since when?

There has not been an issue with filtering since at least 2006.

Even undertaking has ceased to be a major issue.

In respect of the rest, thanks, I appreciate it. I will keep you posted

Last edited: May 30, 2017
  4. BlackHornet

BlackHornet Look before you turn Staff Member Moderator +

Poor road conditions in general

Different laws on bus lanes dependant on town or bough

Poor driver awareness ( still can't understand why what is a life skill isn't covered in school )

Poxy speed limits

5. Roadwart

Roadwart Administrator Staff Member Administrator +

Not in the eyes of the law but you still get motorists who will try to impede you when filtering. They need to be made aware that what we are doing is legal.

6. MaDProFF

TC it works both ways with the law in my view.

Legal Laws allowing you do things might be legal, but some for me are a grey area and interpreted in so many different ways, Filtering is one, I agree with Filtering:- it is when and where you should and should not, not to mention speed differences that different people filter. and take the Bicycle issues of their filtering that they use the Highway Code laws of motorbikes, difference is most Motorbikes filter on the far right if possible, as cyclists in the far left, far more dangerous.

Same as some laws that are illegal should not be.

I would say Undertaking is still an issue especially in average speed camera areas.

7. T.C

T.C Custom cruiser +

Come and spend some time shadowing me or spend some tine in court with me and I will show you that both filtering and undertaking is not an issue

Had you said education, or lack of it? Then I would have agreed with you 100%

8. BlackHornet

BlackHornet Look before you turn Staff Member Moderator +

education, or lack of it re filtering and undertaking :D

That must be worth a gold star :giggle:

9. MaDProFF

Issue and education sort of the same. Look at all the cyclists that had fatals undertaking when vehicles then turn left, that to me is an issue