1. You are currently not signed in. If you are already a registered user Please log in to get the full benefit from this site. If not, why not register and gain full access to our wonderful forums, view topics, make posts, and more! So if your not already a user, you can register by simply clicking the button to the right of this notice.

Talk About Rubbing Salt In The Wound Regarding Ones Age

Discussion in 'Main Forum' started by T.C, Sep 25, 2017.

1. T.C

T.C Custom cruiser +

On Saturday, I was invited to attend an advanced drivers conference in Newbury.

Anyway, I had just arrived when someone tapped me on the shoulder and said "I just wanted to say thank you" Stunned, I asked "What for?" so he told me that I was his examiner when he took his first advanced driving test which is what got him into advanced driving and riding in the first place.

So I said the customary "You are welcome" response and then said "I am sorry I don't recognise you, when did I examine you?" "1985" he replied :eek::eek:

No wonder I didn't remember him, I have carried out in excess of probably 2,000 tests over the past 32 years, and I can't remember who I met last week let alone who I met in 1985 :oops: :oops: Really made me feel old

Anyway, no damage done, he is chairman of a group in South Wales and wants me to go and give a talk to his group. Happy to do so :thumb: But what a shock to have someone remember me after all these years after a one off meeting.