1. You are currently not signed in. If you are already a registered user Please log in to get the full benefit from this site. If not, why not register and gain full access to our wonderful forums, view topics, make posts, and more! So if your not already a user, you can register by simply clicking the button to the right of this notice.

Oliver's Mount Hill Climb 5th - 6th May

Discussion in 'Racing related' started by lammyR6, May 22, 2018.

1. lammyR6

lammyR6 Moderator Staff Member Moderator + Site Supporter

As some of you may have gathered, I had decided to have a foray into various forms of racing this year. When I hit 50 :eek: the year before last I said that there were a number of things I wanted to do. These included:
    • One hill climb
    • 2 rounds of road racing
    • Dirtquake
    Oliver's Mount turned out to be where I attempted my first ever hill climb event. A long blooming trek to Scarborough, crappy traffic on roads, arriving knackered and p***ed off. But....it was totally worth it.
    What an absolute blast!! :D:D:D

Sadly the timing system was down on the Saturday so things didn't go to plan. We were supposed to have 2 test runs and minimum of 4 timed runs. Due to the lack of a timing system they had to send each bike out one at a time rather then with 20 seconds between them. This delayed proceedings so much that they had to postpone any car runs to the next day.
    So, finally came the practice run. To say I was bricking it was an understatement :sick:! Would I get lost :shrug: lol, would I fall off, would I be really slow and look like an idiot (bearing in mind there were probably only 6 women riding that weekend) etc etc :confused: ??? (Luckily had chatted to a former winner that morning who had drawn the track for me and given me some idea of what to expect so I felt marginally more prepared than I had Friday night.)
    Well, what can I say. Off I went and I arrived at the top just over a minute later with the biggest grin on my face :bike: and the best adrenaline rush I'd had in a while :D
    After that we went straight into timed runs :eek: which was a bit of a shock. Despite all the trouble with the timing and only getting 3 runs in Saturday I had so much fun I couldn't wait for Sunday.

Come Sunday and the timing was working so everything went much quicker. Got another 5 runs in, knocked 10 seconds off my time, met a bunch of crazy, lovely folk and generally had one of the best weekends ever.

Best comment of the weekend: "eh lass tha's got some knackers" :giggle:

Massive thanks to Pop Up Rob for persuading me to do it and even bigger thanks to Tom for being my co-driver, pit crew, photographer and generally keeper from freaking out with nerves person!

Eagle and Roadwart like this.
  2. BlackHornet

BlackHornet Look before you turn Staff Member Moderator +

3. BlackHornet

4. BlackHornet

5. BlackHornet