1. You are currently not signed in. If you are already a registered user Please log in to get the full benefit from this site. If not, why not register and gain full access to our wonderful forums, view topics, make posts, and more! So if your not already a user, you can register by simply clicking the button to the right of this notice.

Radio Controlled Planes

Discussion in 'Main Forum' started by Chef, Aug 30, 2011.

1. Chef

Chef 125 +

Evenin all.

I fancy giving RC flying a go and wondered if anybody here has any experience and could reccomend a beginners package?

Always wanted to try it but never got around to it, an helicopters look waaaay to difficult to contemplate..:confused:

2. Roadwart

Roadwart Administrator Staff Member Administrator +

I had a little experience with them. First time out I broke off my tailplane loading the plane into the car, second time I managed to run someone elses plane over in the car park. :confused:

I had one of THESE but bear in mind that price DOESN`T include radio gear, servo`s or Engine.

3. Chef

Chef 125 +

Looks good Rdubbya. I'mguessing that price again for radio gear and engine?

4. Roadwart

Roadwart Administrator Staff Member Administrator +

Engine will be about £60-£70, serv`s will be between £10 & £15 each. Radio gear you are looking at about £150 upwards for the transmitter & about £50 upwards for a receiver for decent stuff (Futaba). You`ll need at least 4 channel gear for planes. Have a gander HERE or pop into EM models down camden road. Those guys will be able to advise you much better than I can.

I may even have some gear at home I can look out but I`m not sure it`ll be any good.

5. Chef

Chef 125 +

Oooh I live on Camden Rd....

6. megawatt

megawatt World Superbike +

They used to do starter kits at Bybrook Barn in Ashford ? Get summat tough and easy to fly!

7. niki

niki Off Roader +

the model shop in the garden center in maidstone sells model planes and helicopters and if memory serves they had flying lessons to learn how to handle the model you get..

8. GixxerGilly

GixxerGilly Moderator +

Whether you get Plane or Chop - do NOT use while innebriated ............ we went to a 40th a few months back and he got a Helicopter from his wife= which went well initially, then someone managed to crash land it a few gardens down.......... it was too late to knock on the door that they thought it landed - anyway - the people said it was not their the next day- My mate printed off a few leaflets and stuck in doors - to no avail - Eventualy the guy who crashed it paid back nearly 3/4 of the purchase price - 3 days after the birthday boy had bought the new one - a knock on door and a neighbour stood their with the original . it had crashed into a bush in his garden and had not been noticed for 2 months !
    He managed to get a refund on the 2nd one though !!!! (actually he wrapped the *lost* one up and used that as the refund lol)

9. gixerpaulk5

gixerpaulk5 Off Roader +

dad had a plane with futaba gear ,os engine, i had a glider . not used one for years, see whats on ebay im guessing , servos in my rc car are 70 pound each

GixxerGilly likes this.