1. You are currently not signed in. If you are already a registered user Please log in to get the full benefit from this site. If not, why not register and gain full access to our wonderful forums, view topics, make posts, and more! So if your not already a user, you can register by simply clicking the button to the right of this notice.

Wednesday 6th June Monthly Meet

Discussion in 'Main Forum' started by lisa lou, May 30, 2018.

1. lisa lou

lisa lou Race Rep +

It’s come back round already folks,
    day before next chemo so should be up for it ..
    are we at oak and ivy or does as discussed on previous meets does anyone fancy the New Swan in Sandhurst, easy parking, garden and good food?
    I happy for either
    https://g.co/kgs/Ar6Qsb

lammyR6 likes this.
  2. lammyR6

lammyR6 Moderator Staff Member Moderator + Site Supporter

I'm up for a change of venue this month. Might be nice to see a different menu and it's only a few minutes apart from Oak and Ivy. Count me in for the New Swan

lisa lou likes this.
  3. lisa lou

lisa lou Race Rep +

I am a bit partial to their fish mornay :rubhands:

lammyR6 likes this.
  4. Mikey

Mikey Street Fighter +

Is there a menu online for the swan :shrug:

Rev likes this.
  5. lisa lou

lisa lou Race Rep +

can’t see one.. i did look,
    i could pop in and take a picture ? lol

lammyR6 and Mikey like this.
  6. BlackHornet

BlackHornet Look before you turn Staff Member Moderator +

yeah that's come around quick. pretty open to where :)

7. Panel Man

Panel Man Secret prototype +

There is actually a chance I might manage to attend this one (hooray for me). I really don't mind where it is so long as (i) I can find it and (ii) I get to see as many of you lovely people as I can! Oh ...@LisaLou: what's the beer like?

Who am I kidding? I don't care. Much. :bounce:

lammyR6 and lisa lou like this.
  8. lisa lou

lisa lou Race Rep +

it’s about 1 and half miles further down the road from the oak and ivy on the right hand side :shrug:

Panel Man and lammyR6 like this.
  9. Beelady

Beelady British Superbike +

I'll give it a go. Hoping for nice weather so I can come on the bike. :)

10. Roadwart

Roadwart Administrator Staff Member Administrator +

More than happy to have a change of scenery.

Panel Man, lammyR6 and lisa lou like this.
  11. BlackHornet

so is it agreed we are trying the new place ?

Roadwart likes this.
  12. lisa lou

lisa lou Race Rep +

Yep ! New Swan at Sandhurst

lammyR6 and Beelady like this.
  13. BlackHornet

cool :thumbsup:

14. Stars and Stripes

Stars and Stripes Secret prototype + Site Supporter

See you all there at the "new swan" :thumbsup:

lammyR6 and BlackHornet like this.
  15. Panel Man

Where is Swanhurst, anyway? I'll never find the New Sand if I can't even find the right village... ;)

16. BlackHornet

go passed the oak and ivy in hawkhurst and about another 1.5 miles on the same road

Panel Man likes this.
  17. Panel Man

:) I am indebted, as always...

lisa lou likes this.
  18. Stars and Stripes

Stars and Stripes Secret prototype + Site Supporter

The suns out, so, i am coming on the bike :MC:

lisa lou, BlackHornet and Panel Man like this.
  19. Panel Man

Some bikes came tonight - hooray, hooray! Stars n'Stripes; Beelady, Black Hornet and Roadie & Shrimpee were all astride two wheels - lucky b@£$tew@rd$. Lisa Lou merely had to pretend she was scrumping to hurdle the fence and the rest of us wimped out in four-wheeled tin cans. It's our first time at the Old Swan in Sandhurst, and I must say I, for one, was impressed. Lisa kept trying to pretend she doesn't go there every night, but let's just say she has eaten the whole menu and determined Cod Mornay is her favourite. She couldn't be persuaded to try anything else.

I was delighted to meet Phil and Mrs Reid (what a patient woman to put up with a husband who spends his life test-driving different bikes. I accused him at one stage of acting like a nineteen year old tearaway after his wondering description of pinning the throttle on some unsuspecting bike, watching the rev counter scream around to the red line and then just kicking the shifter up to the next gear. "Are you sure this is a 30mph limit, Ossifer"?

The food was a step up in quality, I think. There were no Tiger Prawns (shock, horror) but my chilli was decent (by English standards) and the sticky toffee pudding was very tasty and was served at less than nuclear fallout temperature. Stars n'Stripes had one too but paired it with salted caramel ice cream! Wish I'd thought of that. I wonder if they'd serve apple pie..? With a morsel of cheese...

The big disappointment of the evening was that the Lemon Posset pudding was sufficiently delicious that Leila allowed me just one fork-full before finishing it herself! Honestly! I forgot to consult Shrimpee as to her gustatory reflections, but 'Is 'Ighness, Roadie despatched the steak, mushroom and ale pie very thoroughly - every crumb. And the veggies - wonders will never cease.

Although most folks were abstemious, I must mention the Harveys, which was crisp and bright and a very nice pint indeed. And the coffee was served in a large cafetiere, so we were not limited to a single slurp of caffeinous enlightenment. There was a certain amount of technical argument at the Leila and Tom end of our table, as to whether it should have been plunged earlier or too early and the result was that it was treated to an excess of drain-cleaning exuberance. The short term result was that 50% of the grounds emerged into my cup; the gritty mixture was poured back, replunged a few times for good measure and repoured. I made some cheery comment about sieving it through my teeth, little thinking that this would be my fate. Still, I enjoyed chewing the coffee as well as drinking it!

Oh, how I have missed these evenings! My first monthly dinner this year - the shame of it... It was great fun to see everyone in good form. See you all next month - I hope!!

lammyR6, Eagle, Tomasbe and 5 others like this.
  20. Roadwart

Roadwart Administrator Staff Member Administrator +

Good seeing everyone tonight. Really like the new place too. Very friendly staff & some excellent Steak & Guinness pie! I would not be disappointed if everyone decided to go there again for the next one. :)