1. You are currently not signed in. If you are already a registered user Please log in to get the full benefit from this site. If not, why not register and gain full access to our wonderful forums, view topics, make posts, and more! So if your not already a user, you can register by simply clicking the button to the right of this notice.

Monthly Meet Wednesday 1st Aug

Discussion in 'Main Forum' started by BlackHornet, Jul 30, 2018.

1. Roadwart

Roadwart Administrator Staff Member Administrator +

Sorry. Won't make tonight. Grandsons arranged for us to go out for my birthday.

2. Rev

Rev Race Rep +

See you there

BlackHornet likes this.
  3. BlackHornet

BlackHornet Look before you turn Staff Member Moderator +

4. Beelady

Beelady British Superbike +

It was nice to see you all, even if it turned out to be shorter visit then planned. I got home with no trouble and even managed to get the seat off the bike by myself, which is a first. I tried thinking positive, which turned out to be a Bad Thing, as usual. I found a lifetime supply of spare fuses in a drawer in the shed and fetched the Haynes manual thinking I'd find the fuses and have the problem solved in moments. Not so simple. The book claimed the fuse box was under the seat, but Tom and I had already looked and failed to find them, so I resorted to the real workshop manual. The one that weighs the same as a large donkey. And there, of course, I found that on my particular model they are all hiding under the tank. Lifting the tank is a bit of a faff, so I read on, thinking there might be a nice, easy shortcut. Oh, how hopeful I was. I was pretty much undefeated until I read the words disconnect the fuel pump and don't mix up the breather pipes, at which point I could very easily have given up, but Phil rang me, just as I was about to go and find a hole to crawl into and hide in for a bit and after a chat I am settling down with the laptop and YouTube and by tomorrow I'll be right back on top of it. I refuse to miss yet another holiday just because it chooses to have a hissy fit every time I want to go away.
    And if I fail at least Phil said he'd try and find time to come and see how I'm getting on, so there will be moral support, which always makes things go better :)

Eagle, Roadwart, Pilbs and 3 others like this.
  5. BlackHornet

BlackHornet Look before you turn Staff Member Moderator +

Good to see everyone
    and plenty on bikes

Stars and Stripes and Beelady like this.
  6. Rev

Rev Race Rep +

Was good to get out and meet a few other members.

Stars and Stripes likes this.
  7. lammyR6

lammyR6 Moderator Staff Member Moderator + Site Supporter

Lovely to see everyone last night. My lasagne was good and there were no noisy kids so I was very happy.

BlackHornet likes this.
  8. Fergy

Fergy Secret prototype +

Was good to see you all! I hope your bike gets sorted bee lady :)

Beelady likes this.
  9. Roadwart

Roadwart Administrator Staff Member Administrator +

Sorry we didn't make this month. On the upside, I did get a lovely indian meal :eat::eat:

Beelady likes this.
  10. Panel Man

Panel Man Secret prototype +

Nooooo! I missed it. :fume::mad::mad::mad:

On the plus side, it sounds as though folks enjoyed themselves. But I have just been asleep at the switch. Honestly... what an idiot. :dunce:

BlackHornet likes this.
  11. lammyR6

lammyR6 Moderator Staff Member Moderator + Site Supporter

And I forgot your reminder text :(

Panel Man likes this.