1. You are currently not signed in. If you are already a registered user Please log in to get the full benefit from this site. If not, why not register and gain full access to our wonderful forums, view topics, make posts, and more! So if your not already a user, you can register by simply clicking the button to the right of this notice.

I Was Given Some Interesting Advice This Morning

Discussion in 'Main Forum' started by T.C, Sep 19, 2018.

1. T.C

T.C Custom cruiser +

Many of you might already know this, so my apologies, but I was given some advice this morning by my nurse which I had never heard before.

Today was INR blood test day which means trekking off down to the Doctors surgery (pre-arranged appointment) and having a needle stuck in my arm and precious red stuff drawn off.

Usually it is a quick in and out job, 5 minutes tops.

However, today, went to stick the needle in my left arm, and there was hardly a dribble. Tries in another vein, same problem.

Went into my right arm, first attempt nothing and then second attempt, bingo, the red stuff started to flow.

Apparently, difficulty in finding a vein or getting a good flow is often down to being dehydrated.

And so, I was told, if I have a glass of water or just a drink, the vein becomes easier to find and the claret flows easier.

Never knew that. So in 3 months time I will follow that advice, although in fairness it is not usually a problem I have really had before.

But had I known that, my arms would not be currently looking like a pin cushion and going a lovely shade of blue and purple

Never too old to learn something new though