1. You are currently not signed in. If you are already a registered user Please log in to get the full benefit from this site. If not, why not register and gain full access to our wonderful forums, view topics, make posts, and more! So if your not already a user, you can register by simply clicking the button to the right of this notice.

The foreigner/local employment debate

Discussion in 'Main Forum' started by R1 Chickie, Sep 1, 2011.

1. R1 Chickie

R1 Chickie Guest

2. Miky_G

Miky_G World Superbike +

They hit the nail on the head near the start when they said that labour created a welfare state where it pays not to work. As soon as you make working more attractive than being on benefits then things will soon change.

Russell and Roadwart like this.
  3. GuzziRob

GuzziRob Race Rep +

Just my 2 pence worth...
    Having worked in Hastings we employed numerous "foreign" workers all of whom.
    1) Turned up on time and on a regular basis.
    2)Were willing to learn.
    3)Actually worked whislt there.
    4) Were grateful for a job.(Even on minimum wage)
    Unlike the majority of the available locals!!!

deano81 likes this.
  4. ramrider

ramrider Race Rep +

stop the foreigners coming in, stop the hand outs to the brits then see the jobs go, our tax reduced ( i can dream)

but you have said you are a foreigner to these shores and you have done well here, and you put a post up saying that brits are lazy and dont want to work,interesting. So there are no foreigners taking hand outs, where did these young brits get the idear from getting hand outs, why should they work when they see foreigners getting so much money for sod all, lets make this a fair debate

5. Hanna

Hanna Street Fighter +

6. hoppielimp

hoppielimp Fair Weather Rider +

where's my popcorn?

7. GixxerGilly

GixxerGilly Moderator +

I watched a prog a while back about Farms in Norfolk/Suffolk way - and 90% of all workers are East European - on a minimim waage -- in the film a couple of local guys started (it was a docu btw) and they turned up late loads of times - had days ill - and then decided that they were not taking instructionc from a foreign superviser - and they left ........... I would guess this is quite common .
    When I walk the dog the *spring Onion* fields were being cut. (fecking stinks ugh) and most pickers seem to be Asian /east European - I would hazard a gues that locals dont wanna be up at crack of dawn earn pittance and get soaked - freeze to death and stink of onions

8. Hanna

Hanna Street Fighter +

I ate it all!

9. BlackHornet

BlackHornet Look before you turn Staff Member Moderator +

no problem with anyone that works and pays tax but as i have said before 1 in 2 out, so for every one person wanting to come here to work we send back 2 work shy losers :D

10. ro06k5

ro06k5 Sport Tourer +

We used to have a young Albanian lad working in our yard. He couldn't do enough!!! Was always prepared to do the grotty jobs like sweeping the yard. OK, he did some stupid things on the forklift (like running the wheels on the drivers £2K pushbike over :lol:) but you really couldn't fault him. Then he went home for a holiday and the authorities in Albania wouldn't let him out the country.

Compare that with the useless lump of lard we have there right now.... I know who I would rather have working for me.

11. Ducky

Ducky Quackers! +

I had some polish in to do my kitchen, they arrived early, stayed late, worked Saturday, had one tea and lunch break at set times, the work was top notch and the price stayed the same :thumbsup: I couldn't find a UK builder to do any of that! :thumbsdown:

hoppielimp and GixxerGilly like this.