1. You are currently not signed in. If you are already a registered user Please log in to get the full benefit from this site. If not, why not register and gain full access to our wonderful forums, view topics, make posts, and more! So if your not already a user, you can register by simply clicking the button to the right of this notice.

Road surface warning Brookland roundabout A259

Discussion in 'Main Forum' started by Spin, Sep 1, 2011.

1. Spin

Spin Street Fighter +

Just a quick warning... was out running a training course today lunching at Rye and the roundabout at Brookland on the A259 (between Brenzett and Rye) has just been resurfaced and is currently in a very dangerous condition with the volatile oils on the surface - in short it's slippery as hell and so is the road either side of it where the oils have been carried...

Be careful if you're out on the Marsh this weekend!

2. Sporty1200

Sporty1200 British Superbike +

It was 1/2 done at about 10;30 last night. So yes very new..

It is a good point Spin, i love resurfaced roads, mmmmm, smoooooth :love:. But certainly dont be fooled and sucumb to the allure of the sexy shiny black finish straight away, it can be treacherous. Etchingham bends have just been done too. Lurvely n smooth, but i dont trust the surface 100% just yet..

3. BlackHornet

BlackHornet Look before you turn Staff Member Moderator +

i can confirm the etchingham bends were alittle slippery last weekend :whoo:

4. Hanna

Hanna Street Fighter +

Are you sure it wasn't just the bike?! :lol2:

5. BlackHornet

BlackHornet Look before you turn Staff Member Moderator +

well that didn't help but on those bends it wasn't the bike for once :rolleyes:

6. megawatt

megawatt World Superbike +

Good post Kev.:)

7. deano81

deano81 Secret prototype +

seems to be an ongoing thing as i reported the same thing a month or so ago, seems they took a break and decided to carry on doing the other bits... last time took a few days to become a decent surface to keep an eye out when there.. i thin they are looking at doing the approach roads to the roundabout too

8. Spin

Spin Street Fighter +

This kind of surface is apparently known as hot rolled asphalt, and it's 'softened' for the laying process by the inclusion of the oils... as it cools, the idea is that these oils evaporate off, wear off as cars run over it or wash off when it rains, so it's well-known to be slippery when first laid and needs a wearing-in period till it generates full grip.

The problem here is that they seem to have got the mix all wrong and it was like someone had emptied a barrel of oil over the surface.

9. Davetona

Davetona Sport Tourer +

I hope no one came a cropper at Cripps Corner crossroads today. The police were sweeping up as I passed in the van around 3.45-4.00pm. There was half a ton of gravel all over the road in each direction!!

10. ramrider

ramrider Race Rep +

the slip road from the A249 on to the A2 coast bound has been resurfaced and it is a tight bend