1. You are currently not signed in. If you are already a registered user Please log in to get the full benefit from this site. If not, why not register and gain full access to our wonderful forums, view topics, make posts, and more! So if your not already a user, you can register by simply clicking the button to the right of this notice.

[Sep 9, 2011] Rideout after 1500 Friday 9th September (Rye)

Discussion in 'General Rideouts' started by megawatt, Sep 7, 2011.

1. Micky

Micky Commuter 500 +

Lol im on target this time will be leaving laughton at 1500 latest

2. megawatt

megawatt World Superbike +

Good turnout today. LammyR6 and sharon on the Camber road, Mickey and Hoppy on the Heathfield and Etchingham roads. Good rideout and good weather.

3. lammyR6

lammyR6 Moderator Staff Member Moderator + Site Supporter

Weather was great in the end! Although did get caught out slightly by wind coming off Camber beach, all I needed was one of the kites and could have taken bike flying lol!
    Hoppielimp - hope you managed to find whatever you had dropped!

4. megawatt

Shall I or will you tell em Gareth?

5. hoppielimp

hoppielimp Fair Weather Rider +

lol...okay electronics was my GPS unit that fell off my bike on the Heathfield to Burwash Road...didn't know where or when...so went back up n down at a snail pace hoping to recover what I was expecting to be little bits of transistors, microchips, resistors....strewn all over the road, given that its a fast road...I was going fast and there a big trucks that use the road too... However on my 4th Pass, I found it right on the edge of the opposite side of the road, screen down. The back was all scratched up and I thought great...its fooked. I picked it up, turned it around and the front was completely scratch free...screen untouched...I turned it on...and it blipped to life...so I sighed a sigh of relief...and thought...blimey it really is tough n shock proof...:)

So sorry I didn't make it down to Rye...but given the unit costs quite a few squids...I was determined to find it or the electronic remnants... :D

Ducky and Hanna like this.
  6. megawatt

Good ride back from Heathfield to Etchingham mate. See ya next Friday?

7. hoppielimp

hoppielimp Fair Weather Rider +

have to play weekdays by ear...:)....did u manage to do the bends at Etchingham at Tom speed ?

8. megawatt

Nowhere near mate, just took em steady.

9. lammyR6

lammyR6 Moderator Staff Member Moderator + Site Supporter

Glad you got it back in one piece Gareth!! Hopefully catch you on a rideout soon :D

10. Hanna

Hanna Street Fighter +

So annoyed to have missed this. Bloody work. :fume:

11. megawatt

Can you do next Friday ??? After 1300?

12. Hanna

Hanna Street Fighter +

Maybe... will know more as the week progresses, it's a bit hit and miss right now.