1. You are currently not signed in. If you are already a registered user Please log in to get the full benefit from this site. If not, why not register and gain full access to our wonderful forums, view topics, make posts, and more! So if your not already a user, you can register by simply clicking the button to the right of this notice.

Donington BSB

Discussion in 'Racing related' started by GixxerGilly, Sep 8, 2011.

1. GixxerGilly

GixxerGilly Moderator +

Dunno if anyone else is going but just leaving now till Sunday night

Over and Out :disco:

2. Steve B

Steve B Street Fighter +

Enjoy!!!:disco:

3. Blade rr6

Blade rr6 World Superbike +

Im going with four others:disco: only for the day though leaving 6am:sleep::sleep:

4. GixxerGilly

GixxerGilly Moderator +

dratt only just seen this post -- could have met at Bar :cheers: lol

5. Blade rr6

Yeah could have done:cheers: wot a brilliant day we all had:disco:a long day left at 6am and got home at 10.30pm:sleep::sleep: the Ben gaultry track tribute brought a lump to my throat. I have to say Donington is a world class track but its looking very very run down:bhead:

6. GixxerGilly

GixxerGilly Moderator +

jeeze was a long day then. I was on Pit Lane for Bens tribute , so missed them going round circuit, but the clapping started and seemed to carry on like a Mexican wave - was well choked up when they all came back.
    I never got tent took down till gone 7 but got home in well under 3 hrs- You was dead lucky their was no rain on journey home ! x
    I fell in dead lucky, above the bar was some stairs and the 2nd door along was like a cleaners store room thingy and the other outer door had a balcony overlooking the Hair Pin ! so I stayed their most of race day lol

7. Blade rr6

8. GixxerGilly

GixxerGilly Moderator +

I dont know how to eliminate the fence -on my fence pics :-( -- Great pics of yours though x

9. ramrider

ramrider Race Rep +

stand some where else :think1:

SlackPL likes this.
  10. GixxerGilly

GixxerGilly Moderator +

yoo foony fooker xx

11. Roadwart

Roadwart Administrator Staff Member Administrator +

Gill, you need to do 2 things really.
    1. Get your lens as close to the fence as possible. Your one you may even be able to poke the lens through the holes in the fence. If you can poke it through, you can ignore point 2 below.
    2. Change the aperture to a wide setting. This is the f number. The lower the number, the wider the aperture. So f2.8 is wider than f5.6. Now we start to get a bit more complicated. With a lower f No. it means the amount of picture that`s in focus from front to back is reduced & its this reduction that blurs out the fence. The f number is also affected by the shutter speed *&* the ISO (film speed setting)
    As I suspect that you use your camera in auto mode, stick with point 1. If anyone else wants info on this, just let me know & I`ll be happy to bore you to tears ;)

12. ramrider

ramrider Race Rep +

:sleep:

13. Roadwart

Roadwart Administrator Staff Member Administrator +

14. Norfolk Ged

Norfolk Ged Twist N Go

anyone at silverstone on sunday

15. Blade rr6

Not me mate have other things on:thumbsup:

16. Norfolk Ged

Norfolk Ged Twist N Go

gixxer jilly said at brands she was going but is her gang on holiday

17. Blade rr6

Not sure maybe as i havnt seen her on here in a while.

18. Sporty1200

Sporty1200 British Superbike +

On holls i believe Jed..

19. Norfolk Ged

Norfolk Ged Twist N Go

cheers my man

are any of you going to brands

20. GixxerGilly

GixxerGilly Moderator +

yup I was on Holiday -- Need to re read the bit about camera settings - btw mine does not have a pop out lens .. its a zuess something or another . I'll def be at Brands for finale