1. You are currently not signed in. If you are already a registered user Please log in to get the full benefit from this site. If not, why not register and gain full access to our wonderful forums, view topics, make posts, and more! So if your not already a user, you can register by simply clicking the button to the right of this notice.

James Toseland Retires :-0

Discussion in 'Racing related' started by Phatboyslimming, Sep 9, 2011.

1. Phatboyslimming

Phatboyslimming Moped +

Excuse the copy paste but hear it is .....

I wanted to write you a personal letter to explain the factors that have forced my early retirement and to take the oportunity to thank you for all of the amazing support that you have given me throughout my career.
    As you all know, I’ve had a tough time since injuring my right wrist during a testing crash at Aragon in Spain earlier this year. At the time of first seeing my Consultant, he warned that the damage to my wrist could be career-threatening, but we both committed to doing everything we could to ensure that I could continue racing.
    Having struggled through a couple of races and then crashing out in the terrible conditions at Nurburgring in Germany, I went back to see the Consultant, Mike Hayton, this week and the diagnosis was the worst I could have prepared myself for.
    The easiest way to explain it is that I don’t have enough range of movement in my wrist to race professionally and no amount of physiotherapy is going to improve that. This all led to the verdict was that it’s no longer safe for me to continue a career in motorcycle racing.
    I have to put the safety of the other riders on track first, as well as thinking about my own safety. Knowing that I will never again be fully fit to race at the highest level, it’s also unfair for me to occupy a great seat in WSBK that a young, talented rider who is fully fit could take better advantage of.
    Obviously, the decision has been a difficult one and it’s been really hard to take the advice of my Consultant and admit defeat on this occasion but I really have no other option left at this stage. I’ve tried everything possible for the last few months but the sad truth is that none of it has worked and my wrist will never fully heal enough for me to operate the throttle properly and navigate right hand turns.
    You have been amazing in the best and worst times of my career and it’s been almost like having a second family to support me through my career. So, thank you for everything and I hope that I have done you proud.

2. Spin

Spin Street Fighter +

Sad end to a career.

Thanks for posting that.

3. J'05'H

J'05'H Sport Tourer +

"Young, Talented rider"...Posting out a C.V now :rofl2:

4. paganuspaul

paganuspaul Off Roader +

I know some people were never impressed by him, but you don't get two WSB titles in a cereal packet, and he seems like a good bloke. Sad.

5. Rhino

Rhino 125 +

I've always rated Toseland, his biggest mistake was going to Moto GP, this has been the end to a lot of careers.
    I for one will be very sad to see him go, it is a great shame and loss for the sport.
    Good luck for future James and thankyou.:thumbsup:

6. GixxerGilly

GixxerGilly Moderator +

I was devasted when I got the text :-( But he has made no improvements this season at all - I have followed him almost from the start of his Career and am really gutted . I am assuming no he will be free of Contract so can frquent circuits (BSB :swoon: :love:) with out having infringemnets etc - which he did in past and even more so with MotoGp and yeh theee biggest Mistake . he made -

7. GixxerGilly

GixxerGilly Moderator +

another copy and paste
    Soon-to-be MotoGP refugee Toni Elias will test the BMW Italia S1000RR vacated by James Toseland over the weekend at Misano tomorrow with the blessing of current boss Lucio Cecchinello and Honda.

Reigning Moto2 champion Elias has struggled in the premier class all year because he can't get on with how stiff the carcass of the spec-Bridgestones is. He will not race in WSB as he is under contract but is curious to ride a World Superbike for the first time.

“James’ farewell to racing certainly was not something we were happy about. After all, James is a champion! But obviously we also have to look forward. The tests on 13 and 14 September were scheduled some time ago and we wanted to invite Toni in order to satisfy his interest as well as to take advantage of his experience and riding skills," said team boss Serafino Foti.

“The upcoming test is not aimed at replacing James in the championship, partly because Toni is already committed to the MotoGP championship. However, over the next few days we will identify and officially name the rider who will be competing for us in the last three races. I would like to express my personal thanks to Lucio Cecchinello for his willingness to cooperate and to Honda for going along with his request.”

8. GixxerGilly

GixxerGilly Moderator +

Shakey having a close look at Laverty's bike >> 5592-art.jpg