1. You are currently not signed in. If you are already a registered user Please log in to get the full benefit from this site. If not, why not register and gain full access to our wonderful forums, view topics, make posts, and more! So if your not already a user, you can register by simply clicking the button to the right of this notice.

[Sep 28, 2011] Snetterton Trackdays September 28/29th with OMCC (NR16 2JU)

Discussion in 'Biker events' started by megawatt, Sep 21, 2011.

1. megawatt

megawatt World Superbike +

Still not too late to book this. £140 for 2 days, wednesday/thursday. Camping and Hog roast for a small charge. Contact Odiham Motorcycle Club for an application form NOW !!!

2. Miky_G

Miky_G World Superbike +

I wish I could But I don't have a bike I'm willing to do a track day on and oddly I'm working both of those days !

3. megawatt

Here's the website for anybody else that's interested.
    www.omcc.co.uk

4. megawatt

Just completed 3rd session in novices accompanied by an instructor. Nearly got taken out by a tvat as a leaned into Corum and then as I nailed it onto the pit straight, I felt summat touch my right knee. Looked down at 150mph and saw that the R&G crash bung had gone!!! This ruined my confidence for the rest of the session and when I came in, sure enough, the bung and right hand top rear engine bolt had sheared off. Been on for 5 years and never dropped on that side. Think I,ll be talking to R&G on Friday.

5. Stars and Stripes

Stars and Stripes Secret prototype + Site Supporter

You picked the right days for the good weather, whats the new layout like?? any photos yet

6. megawatt

Superb mate, can,t post pix yet, maybe Thursday.

7. megawatt

Well, got back from Snett at 2100 yesterday. WOW, what a fantastic 2 days. 24degrees on Wednesday and 26 yesterday. Had the coolbox plugged in our garage, great food , beer and company. Managed to overtake a few people in novices class and nearly got rid of the chicken strips on my new Michelin Pilot Tour rear and nearly destroyed the pilot power on the front. Had a moment in the 3rd session when some tvat overtook me at Corum with only a 2ft gap and then whilst nailing it on the pit straight, something glanced off my right knee. I looked down at 120mph and the crash bung had disappeared!!! This unsettled me for the rest of that session and when I pulled in it was worse! The right hand top rear engine bolt had sheared off!!! We did find the R&G and the bolt, but I will be spending some time removing the broken stud from the engine! Here's a few pix;
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    The last one has Nutty Tart on her CBR1000RR08 Blade looking over my shoulder!!!

hoppielimp likes this.
  8. Skortchio

Skortchio Caustic +

Looks a wicked crack, glad you enjoyed it, dude!

Get your toes on the pegs though or you'll find yourself without em once you get faster ;)

9. megawatt

Never quite co-ordinated gettin em on and off the pegs mate. Just happy I managed to stay on the track!!!

Skortchio likes this.
  10. Ducky

Ducky Quackers! +

Looking good in the pics Alan! :thumbsup:

11. megawatt

Cheers mate:)

12. deano81

deano81 Secret prototype +

nice one matey looks like you had a great time :thumbsup:

13. Blade rr6

Blade rr6 World Superbike +

Nice one Mega:thumbsup:

14. megawatt

Thanks Matt

15. Stars and Stripes

Stars and Stripes Secret prototype + Site Supporter

Looks like you had a great time and got back in one piece:thumbsup:

16. megawatt

Thanks Paul, I didn't quite get rid of the chicken strips , but I like to ride within my limits. Fantastic weather and a great track.

17. Kevin Taylor

Kevin Taylor Off Roader +

Nice pics, I won't get the temps at Brands on the 31st but I am hoping for a dry day at the least.