1. You are currently not signed in. If you are already a registered user Please log in to get the full benefit from this site. If not, why not register and gain full access to our wonderful forums, view topics, make posts, and more! So if your not already a user, you can register by simply clicking the button to the right of this notice.

[Jan 30, 2012] Monthly meet Old Vine (New Venue) (TN5 6ER)

Discussion in 'Biker events' started by Roadwart, Sep 21, 2011.

1. NancyPants

NancyPants Sport Tourer +

So do you want me to or not? I can go over tomorrow evening

2. kitten_art

kitten_art Race Rep +

Will do my very bestest to get to this one......when I know for definite, will add again, then if anyone from Eastbourne area wants a lift, they only have to holler

3. lammyR6

lammyR6 Moderator Staff Member Moderator + Site Supporter

Probably wouldn't hurt to ask again if you're ok with that :)

4. megawatt

megawatt World Superbike +

Yes please NP. Then we all know and we can make plans.

5. NancyPants

Ok...I'll pop over tomorrow

hoppielimp likes this.
  6. megawatt

Thankyou xxx

7. hoppielimp

hoppielimp Fair Weather Rider +

Your bike must be the same size as mine...or bigger...:giggle:

8. kitten_art

kitten_art Race Rep +

I have fairy dust.........stole it from Santa ;)

9. Stars and Stripes

Stars and Stripes Secret prototype + Site Supporter

I dont mind where we meet, [​IMG] And will eat and can afford whats on offer at the old vine, [​IMG], But we must consider every one. Some of our friends may only be able to afford a tea and bacon sarnie but proberly not want to say it on the forum, some may not want to drink beer and ride??

So Do they want us there on a wednesday night?? Do they serve just teas and coffees?? Would they do light snacks?? Are the toilets accessable for wheelchairs?? [​IMG]
    Just some thoughts before making a decision [​IMG]

10. Gazza1

Gazza1 Guest

i am in agrement with stars and stripes on this one not everyone will want a beer or soft drink we need to find out what they are willing to serve on a wednesday night and a what kind of prices :cash::ghug:

11. Russell

Russell Race Rep +

I agree with both of the above comments...I would not be looking for a large Dinner just a sausage sandwich or similar most likely and would not want to pay silly money for one...Also the access issue is very important for Dave and Sue.

12. megawatt

Well let's have some more sugestions then! Or a vote, 1/Stay at the BB or 2/ Move to the Old Vine. Voting preferably to close before January 4th!

13. deano81

deano81 Secret prototype +

how was the oasis for grub alan?

14. Les

Les British Superbike +

See RW's new thread re voting on this.

15. Roadwart

Roadwart Administrator Staff Member Administrator +

Ooops, forgot to link to the poll. (thanks for pointing that out Les :thumbsup:)

New poll HERE

16. megawatt

Oasis cafe , A259, near Old Romney. Had a great breakfast there mate. Price seemed good!

17. deano81

deano81 Secret prototype +

used to be a bit hit and miss so thought id ask. havnt been there since the change of ownership as i mentioned the other day... plenty of parking and access there, although the rear is gravel if i remember correctly

18. megawatt

Yeah, that's the only bad bit. I usually park on the road at the front!

19. NancyPants

I think the Old Vine do just tea and coffee if thats what you want and I also think they do light snacks as well but would have to verify that. Which I can do if you want me to. I wont go over this evening now unless asked to again as we now have the poll.

20. megawatt

Be handy to know if they will do similar food to the BB at similar prices. Like someone said, sometimes you just want a bacon sarny or a bowl of chips?

Stars and Stripes likes this.