1. You are currently not signed in. If you are already a registered user Please log in to get the full benefit from this site. If not, why not register and gain full access to our wonderful forums, view topics, make posts, and more! So if your not already a user, you can register by simply clicking the button to the right of this notice.

The small(er) bikes

Discussion in 'Beginners Bikes' started by Darkzy, Sep 25, 2011.

1. Darkzy

Darkzy Race Rep +

Hey.

Was just wondering as a 50cc rider (for time being) who has/rides a smaller bike (50/125cc)

just question so future rideout for the smaller not so quick bikes maybe?

:) Darkzy

2. ramrider

ramrider Race Rep +

any rideout with yoda on it and you will be fine :giggle:

deano81, Sporty1200 and Russell like this.
  3. Russell

Russell Race Rep +

You will be fine on any rideout as with the marker system you will never get left behind.

Roadwart likes this.
  4. hoppielimp

hoppielimp Fair Weather Rider +

yup what Russell says...we are friendly bunch. If you come out with us, although we may zoom off...some may stay with you or not...but any turn off will be marked so you will never be left behind. We will always wait for you.:)

NancyPants and Ducky like this.
  5. Ducky

Ducky Quackers! +

Don't worry, if Dusty Bin (my mate Rod) comes you won't be last! :giggle:

BlackHornet likes this.
  6. megawatt

megawatt World Superbike +

Welcome Darkzy, was that you at Dean's in Lydd???. You are welcome on any of our rideouts mate. Why not organise a rideout for the 50/125 ers as well as joining us. May not stay with ya , but we won't let you get lost !!!

Emma - 125cc Marauder likes this.
  7. Hanna

Hanna Street Fighter +

As others have said, when the cornerman/second man drop off system is used then it's not an issue as everyone goes at the own pace and no one gets left behind.

That said, I'm likely to do a few slower paced rides when I'm back on the bike next year - TimR from LondonBikers does them regularly and they are very well received so I think I'll do some myself (given I'm not a very fast rider... yet). :confused:

Panel Man likes this.
  8. Darkzy

Darkzy Race Rep +

Why yes, Yes it was :)

and yeah may be a good possiblity, jsut didn't want to be a drag :)

Panel Man likes this.
  9. megawatt

Don,t worry mate. You won,t slow most of this lot down.

10. Roadwart

Roadwart Administrator Staff Member Administrator +

Don`t worry about being slow mate. I`m not a fast rider by any stretch of the imagination, although I do have my moments. If we know you are coming on a ride, then we will make sure you`ll not be left behind.

We are a fairly new forum, having only started in July this year but as we grow, I`m sure there will be more smaller capacity machines joining us.

11. Darkzy

Darkzy Race Rep +

Good to know :)

All depends on me getting my bike done.

Will probably get it done and switch up either to a 125cc
    or maybe sell bike put money towards my restricted licence (33Bhp) i wouldn't riding for a while but at least its a permanent licence that in 2 years time means i can ride anything i want...

so.

12. TripleJimmy

TripleJimmy Guest

Get it done mate. It's only going to get harder to pass the bike test so the sooner you can get it out the way the better. I did the A2 restricted licence as soon as i turn 17 the 2 years soon passes. And your spoilt for choice now, i met a lad the other day with a 675 Daytona with a 33bhp kit on it.

13. Russell

Russell Race Rep +

I agree, the sooner you do it the easier it will be and the more years you can put under your belt having a full license!

14. Darkzy

Darkzy Race Rep +

I was planning to do my a2 license when i hit 17 but the finances for me are not to good being 17 'n' all ;)

15. R1 Chickie

R1 Chickie Guest

Except if you ride with Russell :D

16. Russell

Russell Race Rep +

I seem to remember that you said we weren't doing the marker system...

17. Jim

Jim Race Rep +

Perhaps I could lead a smaller machine rideout on my little old GS 500?!:)

18. megawatt

Good idea Jim. How many small bike riders do we have???

19. deano81

deano81 Secret prototype +

as of the end of the month my gs500f will be out of the garage and the ninja will get stripped and tidied up. also should be picking up a 97 gs500 for my little bro next week, that will be a bit of a winter project, strip back the frame respray etc, at the moment he rides a 50cc.. not sure whoelse is on sub 500cc bikes?

20. hoppielimp

hoppielimp Fair Weather Rider +

I could tape over a '0' and become a K130 ... :D

Hanna likes this.