1. You are currently not signed in. If you are already a registered user Please log in to get the full benefit from this site. If not, why not register and gain full access to our wonderful forums, view topics, make posts, and more! So if your not already a user, you can register by simply clicking the button to the right of this notice.

[Oct 1, 2011] Indian Summer ride and lake picnic on Saturday - Abbots Wood (Sussex)

Discussion in 'General Rideouts' started by R1 Chickie, Sep 25, 2011.

1. R1 Chickie

R1 Chickie Guest

Yes, BBQ is there so would be great if you could bring charcoal please :) And we shall take a venture down to said lake to check it out

2. Les

Les British Superbike +

Oh get you...lets talk about Snetterton & you working nights then.;)

3. megawatt

megawatt World Superbike +

Bitch!!!:)

4. R1 Chickie

R1 Chickie Guest

Yeah, Ive done the section of it on the Wales side which was lovely, now Im doing the Hereford side

5. Rhino

Rhino 125 +

If you want the wheels nicking off your bike while your enjoying your lovely BBQ feel free, the picture makes Kearsney Abbey look nice the truth is far from it. And in future can you please refer to me as Mr Numpty thankyou.:giggle:

6. Les

Les British Superbike +

Oh no,:eek: don't upset the Empress... we'll all have to pay.:eek:

7. Rhino

Rhino 125 +

:hah:

8. lammyR6

lammyR6 Moderator Staff Member Moderator + Site Supporter

Weather permitting I'll be up for it as well. Tis a nice ride to there from here - bonus!! :D

9. Skortchio

Skortchio Caustic +

BBQ you say, sounds awesome. Now for some coersion into getting a hand ;)

10. BlackHornet

BlackHornet Look before you turn Staff Member Moderator +

i'm busy this weekend but hope you all have fun, i will leave my dog out if any one wants to walk him around the woods

Russell likes this.
  11. ramrider

ramrider Race Rep +

fuck me a thread that starts in kent and ends up in sussex

12. hoppielimp

hoppielimp Fair Weather Rider +

no thanks :giggle:

13. paganuspaul

paganuspaul Off Roader +

They all seem to.

14. paganuspaul

paganuspaul Off Roader +

Kearsney and the nearby Russell Gardens and Bushy Ruff are lovely, don't know what your problem is, unless you only go there late at night for the dogging? ;)
    Been going there since I was a toddler, still visit now.

ramrider, GixxerChick and Sporty1200 like this.
  15. Ducky

Ducky Quackers! +

Sorry am working. :thumbsdown:

16. Rhino

Rhino 125 +

I used to take my kids there almost every weekend until my son was attacked and had his bike nicked while riding over to the cafe to get an ice cream, and an ex girlfriend had her bike keyed, some scrote carved his tag into her tank, so yes i will concede the place is lovely, you do or did get a lot of lowlife scum there, and thanks for the tip about the dogging, i can't say that it has ever appealed to me but each to ther own.

17. paganuspaul

paganuspaul Off Roader +

It's a shame some lowlife's have ruined it for you. I've never had the slightest problem there, but although the nearby villages are nice it is only a joyride from the dodgier parts of Dover I suppose!

18. Les

Les British Superbike +

Dogging toddlers in Dover? What sort of place is this.:eek:

19. paganuspaul

paganuspaul Off Roader +

You said it yourself!

20. R1 Chickie

R1 Chickie Guest

right, this is the route I am taking from London except that Im coming down the A22 via Caterham or A217, depending on who is coming, then turning left onto the A25
    http://www.bestbikingroads.com/moto...ngland-/blackheath--beachy-head-_14d5904.html
    Im also going to avoid Crowborough and obviously stop at Abbots Wood near Hailsham. Because there isnt that many of us, instead of BBQ, decided just bring your own picnic food, Ill bring nibbles etc, and we will have a picnic at the lake :) Afterwards, go play for a couple of hours, no planned route, in the circle between the A21, A22, A26 and Hastings Road. Keen to go check out what is at Three Leg Cross if anyone has been there :)

My number is 07812067382. Please text me if you are definitely coming and where you want to meet me en route.