1. You are currently not signed in. If you are already a registered user Please log in to get the full benefit from this site. If not, why not register and gain full access to our wonderful forums, view topics, make posts, and more! So if your not already a user, you can register by simply clicking the button to the right of this notice.

[Oct 1, 2011] Indian Summer ride and lake picnic on Saturday - Abbots Wood (Sussex)

Discussion in 'General Rideouts' started by R1 Chickie, Sep 25, 2011.

1. R1 Chickie

R1 Chickie Guest

I love you :D

2. Russell

Russell Race Rep +

Is there anywhere to shower after the swim, I like sound of going for one but don't like the idea of getting back in my leathers covered in salt...by the way it is a nudist beach isn't it? :D

3. R1 Chickie

R1 Chickie Guest

No, but thats the weird thing, the water is not very salty, you dont get that nasty crusty feeling that you usually do. You could swim in the river if its high tide and rinse off then! Def no showers, its totally unspoilt

Nudist beach eh? Im game if you are :D

4. Skortchio

Skortchio Caustic +

Have a great ride / day out tomorrow guys, looks an awesome route and excellent weather for it! :thumbsup:

I'll be enviously thinking about riding!

5. lammyR6

lammyR6 Moderator Staff Member Moderator + Site Supporter

Still hoping to come but got lots to do in morning. Tanya will text if I do get out and see where you all are. :thumbsup:

6. hoppielimp

hoppielimp Fair Weather Rider +

Nice Pub Tanya....I should have brought my shorts...hope you have a great swim and night in Brighton :thumbsup:
    Thanks Russell for the little ride...not quite sure when we lost Zeuky (Mike)...as you were in front you didn't see my little brown pants moment with Emma on a corner...:poop:...all I saw was the dark hole of her exhaust rapidly approaching...:hot: Who needs Oranges...
    Have a great ride tomorrow.

7. lammyR6

lammyR6 Moderator Staff Member Moderator + Site Supporter

Sorry didn't get to join you all after all. Too much to be done here today. Did get a bit of time on Hastings beach though lol :thumbsup:

8. R1 Chickie

R1 Chickie Guest

Hey, that bloody muppet Tim didnt want to go over the speed limit and between making us so late and getting us lost and sending me the shittest route to Brighton, he just ruined it for me so I went and did the ride today the way it was meant to be done and it was awesome! Stopped at the best place for a cream tea, went past the Bough Beech reservoir, spent some time at Eastbourne and went for a swim. How stunning is the ride from Brighton to there after Peacehaven??!! And some nice twisties as you go down to the beach. Why do bikers always going to Brighton when Eastbourne is much prettier and quieter. Ok, everyone is like 100 there, but hey :) do the ride from the map link with a couple of changes to go past the reservoir and through Ashdown forest on the B2026 (kind of go back on yourself a bit but its totally worth it!)