1. You are currently not signed in. If you are already a registered user Please log in to get the full benefit from this site. If not, why not register and gain full access to our wonderful forums, view topics, make posts, and more! So if your not already a user, you can register by simply clicking the button to the right of this notice.

My ZX9R E1

Discussion in 'Gallery' started by Finchy, Oct 9, 2011.

1. Finchy

Finchy Guest

Ok, I'm a newbie here, so (with the help of the wife!), I've managed to upload a photo of how the bike looks now... and how it'll look after the winter. Currently a totally mint 2001 (although I've removed the 'Ninja' stickers as they weren't to my taste, had the suspension set up Dave Hammond Racing, installed a DB screen and fitted a Remus can).

Changes due are;
    Black powder coated wheels
    Remove & store all OEM panels (& tank)
    Replace all removed parts with alternatives
    Have all panels resprayed in PLAIN candy blue
    Modify tail section to remove grab handles
    Remove pillion rearsets
    Fit exhaust hanger
    Install modified single seat hump
    Install integrated rear LED light
    Install flush fit LED front indicators
    Modify undertray & fit tail tidy

Sooo... opinons please?

P9052441 changes A.jpg

2. Roadwart

Roadwart Administrator Staff Member Administrator +

Thats gonna look nice mate. Love the colour :thumbsup:

Finchy likes this.
  3. ramrider

ramrider Race Rep +

very nice :thumbsup:

Finchy likes this.
  4. megawatt

megawatt World Superbike +

Alloy should polish up nice mate, but beware. That way lies madness:eek:

Finchy likes this.
  5. gland

gland Off Roader +

a clean bike is a sign of s sick mind:cool:

6. Finchy

Finchy Guest

Same as a tidy desk then. I must be very troubled indeed... although the voices in my head tell me that I'm fine.

R1 Chickie likes this.
  7. ro06k5

ro06k5 Sport Tourer +

Looks nice in that blue :thumbsup:

I do like the black wheels in your second pic; the paint on my old 9R wheels was very thin and flaky. Not sure about the flush fit indicators mod - when looking at other Ninjas that had them fitted I could hardly see them. Some people have also fitted them in the side panel holes under the seat (I read that Ford Mondeo ones fit). Fit a clear/smoked LED rear light, makes the rear end look neater IMO.

Shorten that exhaust though!! Looks too long. And don't polish the frame :eek:

8. Finchy

Finchy Guest

When I say 'flush fit' indicators, the ones I want are actually hemi-spherical, so should be visible enough from the front (especially since they're also bright LEDs). You're bang-on about the rear light though - that's what I've planned (likely clear). No plans to polish the frame, only the heel plates, rear sets & exhaust hanger (I want to be able to return the bike to stock / OEM if required). I've already sourced most of the parts I need, so the original kit will sit quietly in a box in the garage. I've been fortunate with the paint on my wheels as it's almost (but not quite) mint - although I've seen some pretty bad examples out there!

Funnily enough, I'd been watching some YouTube tutorials about how to cut the exhaust down a bit. I don't want a stubby, just maybe 100mm off the end. It'll give me a good opportunity to repack the can anyway - it's a little too 'tame' at the moment (typical Remus).

So what are you riding?

9. megawatt

I can help you with that zorst or another one mate. We can talk about it on Friday ?

10. Ducky

Ducky Quackers! +

Looking good there fella! :thumbsup:

11. Finchy

Finchy Guest

Thanks! That'd be really handy. By the looks of what I've seen on 'tinternet, it looks pretty straightforward.

12. ramrider

ramrider Race Rep +

By the looks of what I've seen on 'tinternet, it looks pretty straightforward.[/quote]
    allan will soon change that :giggle:

Finchy likes this.
  13. megawatt

14. Finchy

Finchy Guest

15. ro06k5

ro06k5 Sport Tourer +