1. You are currently not signed in. If you are already a registered user Please log in to get the full benefit from this site. If not, why not register and gain full access to our wonderful forums, view topics, make posts, and more! So if your not already a user, you can register by simply clicking the button to the right of this notice.

[Oct 16, 2011] 16th Oct (RH13 8DU)

Discussion in 'General Rideouts' started by JimG, Oct 13, 2011.

1. JimG

JimG British Superbike +

Thinking of going to the Chalet Cafe Cowfold, then possibly to Rye cross country (not A272). I will go from Tun Wells at around 9:00am via A264 / B2110 to Cowfold (great roads) but could meet others there.

Not a definite arrangement unless/until others confirm.

2. BlackHornet

BlackHornet Look before you turn Staff Member Moderator +

i'm going to try my very best to make this ;) the hornet is now insured again :D will just have to take it easy :rolleyes:

3. Stars and Stripes

Stars and Stripes Secret prototype + Site Supporter

Do you know how to take it easy??????? [​IMG]

4. DAVE B

DAVE B British Superbike +

sorry mate cant make this one got bits to do at home but me and lisa are heading there tomorrow have a good one:thumbsup:

5. hoppielimp

hoppielimp Fair Weather Rider +

eeek...9am ?...where's the meeting point ?...maybe The Hare in Langton Green ?...

6. JimG

JimG British Superbike +

That sounds like a plan. 9am on a Sunday is hopefully quieter roads time! :cool:

7. JimG

JimG British Superbike +

We always take it easy. Just like my first girlfriend, my middle name is Easy. :cool:

8. hoppielimp

hoppielimp Fair Weather Rider +

ok...c u at The Hare.

9. Russell

Russell Race Rep +

Will meet you guys at 11:30 at the bishop on the way to rye.

10. Panel Man

Panel Man Secret prototype +

Am trying to wangle some time out tomorrow to join you - probably not in time for an 09:00 at the Hare, but may make it to Cowfold before you depart. Couldn't see the Chalet Cafe on the A281, though. I could make out a farm shop at the side of the road. Perhaps that doubles as a cafe? Doesn't matter as long as they make decently strong tea :). If I'm just far too late, I'll see if I can head ...er, south east; I think... to Rye ...-ish. :cautious: Perhaps I'll text you, Jim, especially if I get lost :eek:. Don't wait!

11. Jim

Jim Race Rep +

Any idea what time you may get to Rye as I would like to bring Charlie down on the GS to meet some of my biking buddies!

12. Panel Man

Panel Man Secret prototype +

Don't take it from me, Jim, but it is looking like lunchtime (12:30 to 13:00) for the main protagonists who know where they are going. I'm sure Jim ("Easy") G will guide you better... Hunger will propel me to get there somewhere around that time, provided I can find my way. I'll look out for you!

13. Jim

Jim Race Rep +

Great. I'll be there with the mini me!

14. lammyR6

lammyR6 Moderator Staff Member Moderator + Site Supporter

Will try to get to Rye tomorrow but can't get away in the morning. Have fun! :)

15. Hanna

Hanna Street Fighter +

I'll see you guys at Rye - not up to a long ride just yet. :(

16. SteveeP

SteveeP Sport Tourer +

Aiming to be at Rye by 1pm.

17. JimG

JimG British Superbike +

Great ride today in the sunshine. Thanks Gareth and Tom for shivering along in the morning mist. Kept off the main roads to Cowfold and then to Rye, and had a good blat home on relatively empty roads.

Been 'chestnutting' in the garden this afternoon, and have lit a fire for the cooking thereof. Now got the roast on for dinner. :eat::eat2: A perfect Sunday!

Some of those at Rye below......

IMG00069-20111016-1334.jpg

Russell likes this.
  18. Sporty1200

Sporty1200 British Superbike +

Good to catch up with some of you at Rye today, :D soz couldnt get out earlier for the group ride.... :ninja:

19. Fergy

Fergy Secret prototype +

Sorry I had to shoot off guys but the chicken was in the oven! Just cant beleive this weather! You just know that next weekend when I have all Saturday free will be shite!

20. Hanna

Hanna Street Fighter +

It was really good to catch up with folks today - especially as I managed to ride to Rye and back without too many issues! :D

Let's hope next Sunday is just as nice a day. :hcof: