1. You are currently not signed in. If you are already a registered user Please log in to get the full benefit from this site. If not, why not register and gain full access to our wonderful forums, view topics, make posts, and more! So if your not already a user, you can register by simply clicking the button to the right of this notice.

[Oct 23, 2011] ride out Sunday 23rd Oct (a21?)

Discussion in 'General Rideouts' started by coxy, Oct 15, 2011.

1. megawatt

megawatt World Superbike +

Post the village names, roads or landmarks and I'll do it Dave?

2. BlackHornet

BlackHornet Look before you turn Staff Member Moderator +

3. Tony

Tony Moderator Staff Member Moderator +

What is this KSB? Should'nt it say KGB :lol2:

4. BlackHornet

oh yer it was from back in the day before the Bigger Better SEC started up
    best get some new videos sorted out :D

Tony likes this.
  5. Skortchio

Skortchio Caustic +

The run to burnham is barely enough to stretch your legs (if that's your thing), hence the planning of a longer route. I'll have another poke at it in the morning, failing the route staying put after I save it, I'll just post up a route card of major direction changes.

It came out something over 100miles, if the plan is to stop at Porkies for brekkers. Then once we've done the route and ended at Burnham, people should be hungry.

6. Skortchio

Skortchio Caustic +

7. SuzuKeith

SuzuKeith World Superbike +

What time is the meet at Oakdene?

8. coxy

coxy Off Roader +

is there someone i can meet up with before we head over as im not to clued up on places :(

9. DAVE B

DAVE B British Superbike +

sorry me and lisa can't make this one im working saturday so got to do family stuff sunday:sleep:

10. BlackHornet

oakdene for 10.15 to leave at 10.30 sound ok to every one ?

i will leave the 1066 cafe on the a21 at 9.20 so if anyone wants to meet there ( Coxy :D ) then thats cool

i will be having breakfast there as it's quicker and better than the oakdene :eat: so should be there from about 8.45

coxy likes this.
  11. coxy

coxy Off Roader +

sounds good to me ill see you there :thumbsup:

Hanna likes this.
  12. JimG

JimG British Superbike +

I will breakfasting at the Blue Boys. Give us a shout when you are passing and I'll join the back of the cavalcade.

13. BlackHornet

will do :thumbsup:

14. lost

lost Samsung leaflet fetishist +

im hoping to make this:)

15. R1 Chickie

R1 Chickie Guest

Im confused, what route are y'all doing?

16. BlackHornet

the main ride out is from the oakdene cafe up into essex where Dave will then get us lost :D
    just a few smaller meeting points on the way to the oakdene :thumbsup:

17. Skortchio

Skortchio Caustic +

Well that makes two of us Tanya, I had no idea this was happening either.

As nothing was mentioned since Tuesday when I posted a possible route I assumed that the ride wasn't coming this way. I haven't bothered trying to learn it or arranged a Sat Nav etc. As no indication was made you would be coming up here.

That and the concensous being to have breakfast at various other places than Porkies, implied you wouldn't be crossing the river. I didn't see any posts regarding ETAs in Basildon which I took to mean there was another plan in place.

So now I'm a little bit of balance, not the best start when you haven't ridden for almost a month after dropping the bike. There's no route planned, the run to Burnham is about 25minutes at best (hardly a 'ride out' and I've only just got up...

deano81 likes this.
  18. JimG

JimG British Superbike +

Ooooh you two are naughty! Pretending not to know what's going on!

A fun day going over to the Dark Side. Thanks Dave for a great ride. No idea where we went, but good to know the road surfaces are no better in Essex!

Sun1.jpg Sun2.jpg

19. Skortchio

Skortchio Caustic +

I didn't! Was happily eating my toast and some guy on an offensively loud (but well painted) R6 calls me and says I have to take people sight seeing.

Well, there were no stiletto's to be seen (was a Sunday after all) but did manage a petrol station, a boat, some sandwiches and a few nice twisty bits.
    Everyone made it there and back (to mine at least) without going astray and I didn't get us lost either, not bad on 20mins planning.
    Hope y'all enjoyed the ride and it was too sedate for you, had to take it easy with Tom being unaccustomned to the Yammy and all. ;)

Video to follow.

20. JimG

JimG British Superbike +

Ah, you haven't heard I lost the rest on the A13, hence I'm home, they are not!

I think the highlight of the day was seeing Tom polishing his bike.