1. You are currently not signed in. If you are already a registered user Please log in to get the full benefit from this site. If not, why not register and gain full access to our wonderful forums, view topics, make posts, and more! So if your not already a user, you can register by simply clicking the button to the right of this notice.

[Oct 22, 2011] Kent Rideout Saturday 22nd Oct (happy to combine with... (Maidstone)

Discussion in 'General Rideouts' started by Finchy, Oct 17, 2011.

1. Finchy

Finchy Guest

Could those that definitley coming tick the 'attendees' box at the top of the page please? I'll PM my mobile to all who do so - just in case you can't find where we're meeting, or if you're running late on the day etc.

2. mousematt

mousematt Commuter 500 +

Meet point's good for me... :thumbsup:

3. Finchy

Finchy Guest

Been checking the weather and Saturday's looking to be great. Cool air & dry roads - a perfect autumn day.

4. megawatt

megawatt World Superbike +

Will deffo be there on Saturday.

Finchy likes this.
  5. Jim

Jim Race Rep +

Sounds like a great rideout, would be up for it if I could get away but that's unlikely, as the wife has picked up a Sunday Job and Sat is our only full day together, my response to this statement was.............. "And.....?"

6. Finchy

Finchy Guest

Just TELL her that you're going 'out with the boys'. Man-up - she'll love you all the more for it. Just ensure that when you say it, you have your leathers on, the bike's on the drive with the engine running and you're stood outside of the front door and beyond the reach of her right hook. Probably best to say it quietly whilst wearing your helmet too.

Jim, Roadwart and Stars and Stripes like this.
  7. SuzuKeith

SuzuKeith World Superbike +

Would very much like to join in this one but due to work cant make the start. Is it possible you guys can work it to be at the Airport cafe (A20 Sellindge) for bacon butty around 12 - 12.30. hopefully I can join in from there. If you can PM me your mobile no. then if work gets expanded or something I can let you know.

8. megawatt

Would be nice to see you again AD. I don't mind meeting up for a bacon butty as long as we can get there down some bendy roads? Finchy!!!!!

9. Finchy

Finchy Guest

Sure - we'll be there for 12 / 12:30. It'll be a good place for a stop-off. I'll PM my number tomorrow to everyone who's coming (or those that have tick the 'attending' box at the top here)

10. Finchy

Finchy Guest

Done, stop-off sorted.

11. Davetona

Davetona Sport Tourer +

Good call. I should be able to make the Airport Cafe too.:)

Finchy likes this.
  12. Finchy

Finchy Guest

With the exception of those who are starting from the Airport Cafe, is everyone OK with starting at 11am from the Maidstone Services on the M20... or would somewhere else be preferred (with the exception of Megawatt, I don't know where you're all heading in from)? An alternative can be in Charing, but that's a case of sitting & waiting by the roadside as there aren't any facilities there.

One of the reasons for starting from the services (and having a slighty boring straight run on the A20 for 15 / 20 mins) is that it'll give us the chance to get used to each other's riding styles and warm the bikes up before we hit any twisties after Charing Hill. Your thoughts?

13. megawatt

Good idea. A map of the route would be good?

14. Rhino

Rhino 125 +

I might head over to the Airport and say hi, but skip the ride too much going on this weekend.

Finchy likes this.
  15. megawatt

Be nice to see ya mate. Oops, just seen a link to a map. Will have a Look on laptop tomorrow.

16. Finchy

Finchy Guest

Al - I've printed off a few copies of the map, so I'll give these out when we meet. TBH, it's pretty easy as there are areas that we can 're-group' where the route changes, so riding in stages will allow anyone to lead the pack (or fall behind without worrying too much). Gawd, 'stages' / 'pacenotes' / 'printed maps' / 'way-points'?? Er... I only raced Enduro for a little while... old habits die hard :rolleyes:

I've planned the route so that I'm not the 'leader' all the way round. Thought it'd be nicer if we all had a go at it.

17. megawatt

Leaving my place at 1000 tomorrow if anybody wants to ride to the services with me?

18. deano81

deano81 Secret prototype +

Will see what time I get back from picking this bike up . Will let you know in morning Alan

19. megawatt

20. deano81

deano81 Secret prototype +

gonna be apush for me to make 10 alan so will prob leave from here, need to sort a few things out and put the throttlebody back on the car before i leave so the wife has some transport lol.