1. You are currently not signed in. If you are already a registered user Please log in to get the full benefit from this site. If not, why not register and gain full access to our wonderful forums, view topics, make posts, and more! So if your not already a user, you can register by simply clicking the button to the right of this notice.

My worst fear: hitting a deer on the bike

Discussion in 'Main Forum' started by R1 Chickie, Oct 17, 2011.

1. kitten_art

kitten_art Race Rep +

And just how many of the people these days know how to administer that damn good blow to the right place? Dont give a shyte about the burglars, rapists etc., but the animals are another matter!

2. Hanna

Hanna Street Fighter +

We called the police as the car was smashed up and blocking the road (single lane bendy road) and there was no where to move it to. We sorted it in the end without them. I was most annoyed that the first two calls they said they were coming and then the third we found out that they weren't nor had they intended to. In fact, it was an ex-police officer that called the police in the first place.

Grrr...

3. kitten_art

kitten_art Race Rep +

Totally bewildering these days isn't it.

4. HAYABUSADAVE

HAYABUSADAVE Custom cruiser +

I used to work on a farm many years ago so know a thing or two about animal despatch....

Don't get me wrong, I wouldn't exactly relish the thought......as for the burglars etc thats another matter.....something to enjoy.......

5. kitten_art

kitten_art Race Rep +

YOU might know, but not many do

6. kitten_art

kitten_art Race Rep +

However, give me a tyre iron and leave me on my own for half an hour with that arsewipe who dragged his dog for six miles tied up to the back of his Porsche!

7. HAYABUSADAVE

True....

8. HAYABUSADAVE

Yes heard about that, what was that all about then??? there are some weird shits out there......

9. kitten_art

kitten_art Race Rep +

Exactly as it says.....bloke tied his dog up to back of car (colly I think) then drove from Devil's Dyke (?) for six miles. Don't understand why, but he eventually handed himself in to a copshop. Pretty sure he will get a slapped wrist and maybe, just maybe, a ban on keeping dogs....which will never be checked up on!

10. R1 Chickie

R1 Chickie Guest

Bit harsh. If the RSPCA dont respond, it is because they are massively under-resourced, not because they dont care. Lets face it,doing what they do isnt the job that everyone rushes to have, they are too busy auditioning for XFactor. But you will be happy to know that they have new laws to really fuck people and put them in prison for being cruel to animals.

11. GuzziRob

GuzziRob Race Rep +

:bhead: Get real. Feck the RSPCA, lets have enough Police action to deal with real criminals. those who hurt people and property first, and put them in prison before we start worrying about animals!!

12. kitten_art

kitten_art Race Rep +

This is the "hitting a deer" thread sugarplum.....rant on tother thread :D

R1 Chickie likes this.
  13. kitten_art

kitten_art Race Rep +

I know the RSPCA are under-resourced, and even now, the laws protecting animals aren't really up to much (too many loopholes), I know, because I was one of many who tried to get them changed. This would be a whole new thread. But when there was a documentary on TV about the RSPCA, they were portrayed as trying to save RTA wood pigeons, squirrells and all sorts, which in fact, due to funding issues, they do not do. So, I say again, do you really think they would have come out to a deer who, if she was seriously injured enough to be lying on the road with humans bimbling around her, was not going to survive, whatever was done for her? They would not have euthanased, that would involve calling out a vet who would have had to do the job properly.....IF they had gone down that route, the poor thing would have died before the vet had come out anyway.
    For the record:
    RSPCA will only take on a cruelty case IF a vet is willing to get involved and testify in court. They are few and far between. Even then, the animal is taken away from owner, put into the care of a "holding" centre who spend their hard gotten funding to get it healthy, only for it to be given back to the owner and the owner to receive a fine. IF they are banned from keeping that type of animal (extremely rarely are they banned from keeping ALL animals), it is common knowledge that no one will check up on them. One GSD breeder got banned from breeding and signed over the business to her son I believe and is STILL breeding and selling, even though, the dogs were in a terrible state.
    Anyhoo, hitting a deer, terrible business for human and deer!:(

14. Roadwart

Roadwart Administrator Staff Member Administrator +

While on about deer, this seems to be doing the rounds at the moment.

15. BlackHornet

BlackHornet Look before you turn Staff Member Moderator +

http://rspcavideos.blogspot.com/2010/02/60203-animals-killed-by-rspca.html

the same year they gave £1000000 to labour :mad: so they take peoples donations and give them to a governement party while killing over 60,000 animals they can't afford to look after :rolleyes: oh and 58,000 of these were healthy. About as trust worthy as a hungry wild lion being left in a room with a 2 year old, F##k the RSPCA

16. R1 Chickie

R1 Chickie Guest

I think you will find those statement are a falacy and made up by people wanting to discredit the RSPCA, that blog is absolute vitriol without any basis of fact by someone with an axe to grind. Always consider the source of any material of aything on the net. Even the person who blogged that admitted that he had not bothered to verify the "facts" and they were taken from a third party. A list of political party donations over £7500 have to be declared to the Electoral Commission,you can do a search here to find all the donations made to Labour and you will find that RSPCA has never given them a penny, they cant afford to!
    https://pefonline.electoralcommission.org.uk/Search/CommonReturnsSearch.aspx?type=advDonationSearch

And Im sorry, would you prefer that there was no institute that tried to protect animals? They do lots of amazing work lobbying to change laws and seek prosecutions for those that harm animals. They are doing this with very limited people and financial resources, it would be like you or I trying to save Africa with only 10K in our bank account. Trying to do some good is better than sitting back and doing nothing and if you read about how much good work they do, that statement is so unjustified. As for the number of animals put down, given how many animals they receive and are unable to find homes for, what would you expect them to do? They are not millionaires with acres of land and money to buy endless cages and food and staff to look after these animals, do you know how much it would cost to look after 60K animals??? (Not that I believe that stat given that there is no verifiable evidence to support it) Dont believe everything you find on the net. There is a distinct lack of people wanting to take on abandoned and unwanted animals so that is the real issue. Just to give you an idea, the RSPCA receives 60000 calls on dogs mistreated in dog-fighting ALONE. Now if you were to assume that each call takes 5 minutes (and that is a very low estimate and I havent even factored in taking breaks by the phone operators), you are looking at 3 full time employees to manage those calls and that is just one type of call. In total they receive 1.1 million calls each year. Now take into account how much of their budget they need to pay for vehicles, property, vets, medicines, food, legal expenses, general staff and trust me, the money they raise each year does not go very far. It seems like a lot but its nothing.

Here are some stats and then consider the people power and money involved to do this:
    During 2010 the RSPCA...
    rescued and collected 130,033 animals
    treated and helped 211,188 animals in our hospitals and clinics, including neutering 79,810 animals
    found new homes for 83,268 animals
    microchipped 67,388 animals, helping them to stay safe
    investigated 159,686 cruelty complaints
    secured 2,441 convictions by private prosecution to protect animals against those who break the laws
    provided 5,653 meals for animals in our care on Christmas Day
    If you all think that they suck so badly, then go do something to change it but how many of us would have the guts to go in and challenge some scummy illegal breed dog owner that is training them to fight without having any of the powers or weapons that police do.

Sorry, this is something I feel really strongly about and Ive always been an RSPCA donor.

17. R1 Chickie

R1 Chickie Guest

Whose fault is that? Its not the RSPCAs! They can lobby as hard as they want but ultimately its the government that makes the laws. Geez I cant believe how harsh people are being on an organisation doing something selfless, there is nothing in this for them, these arent a bunch of millionaires just raking in the cash and having a cruisy life; they are taking lower paid jobs in this sector to try do something for helpless creatures which is far more than most of us do. Would any of you give up your jobs and go do what they do?

18. HAYABUSADAVE

I see that the minge that dragged the dog behind a porche got let out on bail then.....much like the murderers,rapists and illegal immigrants ..... the law in this country is a pitiful pain in the fucking arse,probbaly get bail for that to if one was a paedo or a shirt lifter and got caught....... :mad:

kitten_art likes this.
  19. R1 Chickie

R1 Chickie Guest

20. kitten_art

kitten_art Race Rep +

I did...........Equine Welfare Officer for Sussex Horse Rescue Trust........voluntary. Various other posts with other organisations.
    Try being the one who has raised awareness of two ponies at risk......I had to threaten Chief Inspector Lamport with Meridian and a copy of a video I had taken....then one is ordered to be put down....this is ignored, owner gets a "written warning", the pony is finally put down. I held the head of the quality pony as he died a few weeks later, in mud up to his knees, his chin in the mud. Could not get him out of the mud, so held his head up for him, it was harrowing. I even lined up a vet who would be willing to testify in court STILL nothing was done. Another pony was purchased and put into the same field.....go figure! Think I still have a copy of the video, if not, I have photos, they will horrify you.
    I was pointing out the weakness in the system, not just with the RSPCA. The youngsters go in fresh faced and full of innocence, get trained and soon become jaded then give up. The only time we ever got anything done, was if it was a newly trained officer who was willing to take the case forward.
    Collected evidence of a puppy farm (even purchasing one of the bitches) and again, getting a vet willing to make statements and nothing was followed up. You want me to go on?
    Who looks out for the babies of the lactating female foxes and badgers who are victims of RTA's.......not the RSPCA. There are volunteers who are willing to be on call to go search for dens and setts, then to rear the cubs until they are able to fend for themselves.
    Volunteers and charities try to pick up the slack FOR NO WAGES!