1. You are currently not signed in. If you are already a registered user Please log in to get the full benefit from this site. If not, why not register and gain full access to our wonderful forums, view topics, make posts, and more! So if your not already a user, you can register by simply clicking the button to the right of this notice.

My worst fear: hitting a deer on the bike

Discussion in 'Main Forum' started by R1 Chickie, Oct 17, 2011.

1. kitten_art

kitten_art Race Rep +

2. BlackHornet

BlackHornet Look before you turn Staff Member Moderator +

[rescued and collected 130,033 animals

found new homes for 83,268 animals

erm do the maths ?????? what happened to the rest ??????
    there are nothing but a political party these days

3. kitten_art

kitten_art Race Rep +

investigated 159,686 cruelty complaints
    secured 2,441 convictions by private prosecution to protect animals against those who break the laws

I am really sorry R1 Chickie, but 2.441 convictions, compared to 159,686 complaints investigated, kind of proves what I was saying. And, out of those convictions, how many were custodial sentences? Fines? And how many had the animals returned?
    The laws STILL need to be changed......they dont "fuck with the arseholes" as you said, they merely clip them round the back of the head and say "please dont do it again"

4. kitten_art

kitten_art Race Rep +

"But you will be happy to know that they have new laws to really fuck people and put them in prison for being cruel to animals."

THAT'S the bit I was looking for! Your statistics prove that is NOT the case

5. R1 Chickie

R1 Chickie Guest

It is because they have to pay for all them through private prosecutions

6. R1 Chickie

R1 Chickie Guest

Because they dont have zero animals in their care at the moment, they have 134 centres where animals are housed. But again, as I said, they may have had to put some animals down because since people like your good self dont give them donations, where are they going to get the money to pay for the homing of these animals if people dont want to take them. Thats the thing, if they cannot find homes for animals and they dont have a bottomless pit of money, what else would you suggest they do :-(

7. R1 Chickie

R1 Chickie Guest

This is NEW law, this only came in a couple of months ago. But as I said in the post previously, if they are having to pay out of their own pocket for prosecutions, they are still limited in what they can do. And its also up to the judicial system to enforce the laws correctly but if after the prosecution, the judge/jury dont find in the RSPCAs favour because again, unlike police they dont have unlimited powers to collect evidence, they may not have enough evidence to win the case. Its the same reason why they only pursue cases where a vet will support their arguments, they cant afford to spend money on a case they have no chance of winning.

I still ask the question then, what do people think would happen if there were no RSPCA since no one seems to support them.

8. HAYABUSADAVE

HAYABUSADAVE Custom cruiser +

I know some animals that need putting down, of the human variety......:rubhands:

_Yappa_ and kitten_art like this.
  9. BlackHornet

BlackHornet Look before you turn Staff Member Moderator +

i used to support them and in fact even worked for them but these days i would rather give my money to one of the many good causes that does what it says like the dogs trust who don't put healthy dogs down.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/earth/earthnews/7611534/RSPCA-will-reject-unwanted-pets-to-cut-costs.html

and the rspca's cash in the bank is currently 164 million pounds at 31 dec 2010 4 million pounds up on 2009 yet they cut back the spending

10. HAYABUSADAVE

They can put down my neighbours barking and whining little shit bag any time......I will, if i get the chance..........:mad:

Complete fucking nuisance and no one wants to know, never walked, always shut in and left to whine all day every day, shits in the garden and no one gives a fuck! not the dog warden, RSPCA or the Housing Association tossers...... :mad:

Sporty1200 likes this.
  11. kitten_art

kitten_art Race Rep +

Probably, there would be people getting het up enough to sort it themselves.......like they do sometimes! The third pony that was added to that field? I think he found somewhere else to live.
    Not saying that the RSPCA do nothing, just that there is room for improvement. And, they get an awful lot of donations......each RSPCA centre is self funding, I remember a friend of mine telling me that. And muggins here did raise money for them via artwork, I dont any longer, I see more on the ground work done by the local rescue centres, they get my support now.
    And stating that they need enough evidence to take a case to court and win......I can think of three that I was involved in that would have been definite prosecutions and sadly, even with the evidence collated for them AND a reputable vet willing to testify, they still did not carry it through.
    I do know that at one point, there was only one inspector/officer to cover the whole southeast, which was plain ridiculous. Check out how much they pay for the Chief Inspector post.....might be interesting.
    So, back to what we WERE talking about..........................deer and how to deal with an RTA involving one.........RSPCA too broke to deal with it. Not allowed to carry guns (thank F*ck) ????

12. kitten_art

kitten_art Race Rep +

One minute I start thinking that you might be an okay sort of bloke, the next you start talking about putting down a dog yourself.......well, you dont want to know what I think then.
    Thought about removing the dog from the situation and handing it in to a local rescue centre? Say you found it wandering loose?.......just a thought

13. kitten_art

kitten_art Race Rep +

R1 Chickie said:

Because they dont have zero animals in their care at the moment, they have 134 centres where animals are housed. But again, as I said, they may have had to put some animals down because since people like your good self dont give them donations, where are they going to get the money to pay for the homing of these animals if people dont want to take them. Thats the thing, if they cannot find homes for animals and they dont have a bottomless pit of money, what else would you suggest they do :-(

There was a beautiful three legged Staffie cross many moons ago at an RSPCA centre, I was looking for another mutt to join the crew. Was told that I would be up for paying the vet fees incurred for the removal of the leg etc., that had been done since she had come into the centre. I was then told if she was not homed within the next four weeks, she would be put down........unyet, a few years later....at the Patcham RSPCA centre there was a poor deaf/blind collie that had been dragged down from off the streets of somewhere in Yorkshire.... in the mutt van, to be kept bewildered and isolated in a damn cage.....why wasn't that one put down as an act of kindness? NO ORGANISATION IS PERFECT but the RSPCA could, with a little thought, help themselves a little!
    And, they were putting animals down within a set amount of time if not homed, years and years ago. They had different coloured labels on the cages signifying how long they had been there, specifically for that.

14. kitten_art

kitten_art Race Rep +

So.......still scared of hitting a deer?
    I f*cking am!!!!

HAYABUSADAVE likes this.
  15. HAYABUSADAVE

Good Idea......If you had to live with it you'd know........:rant:

16. kitten_art

kitten_art Race Rep +

We got one round here at the minute.....a terrier.....just working out where it actually is.......IT WILL BE SORTED!!!!

17. kitten_art

kitten_art Race Rep +

Tried the reporting it to the police at three am and letting them listen to it......they promise me it is being sorted......they have another week and if it wakes me at silly oclock, I SHALL be going round and creating merry hell!!!

18. HAYABUSADAVE

Ditto!! :thumbsup:

19. HAYABUSADAVE

Should be, they are quite large animals and would make a mess, of both of you........I 'kin wouldn't!!!! :nah::nah::nah:

A biker chap was killed recently after hitting a pheasant, so christ knows what a deer would do.......Makes me flinch when a pidgeon flies by in front......and they're big enough.......:eek:

kitten_art likes this.
  20. HAYABUSADAVE

Result of hitting a deer.......... = lots of this :poop::poop::poop::poop::poop::poop::poop::poop::poop::poop::poop::poop::poop::poop::poop:

and maybe a bit of this to..... :puke::puke::puke:

If ya lucky.........:cautious: