1. You are currently not signed in. If you are already a registered user Please log in to get the full benefit from this site. If not, why not register and gain full access to our wonderful forums, view topics, make posts, and more! So if your not already a user, you can register by simply clicking the button to the right of this notice.

Things you hate about biking

Discussion in 'Main Forum' started by R1 Chickie, Oct 18, 2011.

1. Choco

Choco Commuter 500 +

- People telling me to "hurry up and get a bigger bike". Geez, back off. I can't afford the test or a bigger bike. I'm not learning bad habits, because I didn't learn to ride like shit in the first place and I keep up my training.
    - Cyclists. No shoulder checks, no arm signals, weaving all over the road on their fixies, wearing headphones so they can't even hear you. You have a deathwish, and one day it will come true.

I was going to say 'Biker blokes', but really it's a small proportion of biker blokes. They're not ALL bad. :p

_Yappa_ and R1 Chickie like this.
  2. hoppielimp

hoppielimp Fair Weather Rider +

haven't you got a bigger bike yet Choco ?...jeesh...you don't know what your missing...c'mon..c'mon....:poke:
    :)

3. Choco

Choco Commuter 500 +

You wouldn't also happen to drive an Audi, a Mercedes or a VW of some sort? Cos I don't like them either. They try to run me off the road. :p

4. Les

Les British Superbike +

He drives a Hummer, has a small penis too? Lol;)

_Yappa_ and Blade rr6 like this.
  5. hoppielimp

note to self :-
    1. run Les off the road....:whistle:

6. R1 Chickie

R1 Chickie Guest

No, because then we will have to start a thread about it, yada yada yada

Roadwart likes this.
  7. R1 Chickie

R1 Chickie Guest

MERCEDES DRIVERS!!!! They are my nemesis, I hate the f***ers to the point that I will NEVER go out with someone who drives one.

8. Choco

Choco Commuter 500 +

God I wish I had that luxury T. I don't think I even know anyone who drives a Mercedes, never mind a chance of going out with them.

Seriously, since I started riding the only cars I have ever had a problem with are those. Oh and BMW drivers. I had one of those push me right over to the left hand side of the left hand lane, and overtake me in the same lane on the A406, when there was plenty of room in THE OVERTAKING LANE.

Then he got to the traffic stand still, by which time he had moved into the outside lane. So I may have had to filter up to his passenger side, flip the bird, and filter on. What a twat.

I need to have some sort of sign for drivers like that. "Your driving style tells me your penis is small." Or something like that.

Finchy likes this.
  9. Finchy

Finchy Guest

I drive a Reliant Robin with great skill & courtesy :whistle:

10. R1 Chickie

R1 Chickie Guest

Ah, but you are getting a lot of that because you have L plates, on my R1, BMWs and Audis give me a lot of respect, Mercedes treat everyone like potential speed bumps.

11. Les

Les British Superbike +

Can't say I've had problems with any particular vehicle type other than a Merc Sprinter van once. Thing chased me for miles after taking exception to my overtaking him. Never thought he'd keep up so well with a 6r so he musta been a real headcase.:eek:

12. R1 Chickie

R1 Chickie Guest

Yep, me too, guy took exception to me undertaking him even though both left lanes were clear, I flashed him twice to move over and he wouldnt, he was doing 70 BTW, and then suddenly he finds his accelerator and starts to chase me and tried to run me off the road. F***ing lunatic!

13. niki

niki Off Roader +

There is a reason that your gloves are armoured on the knuckles its so you don't hurt your hand as you punch the wing mirror off the car..I mean help them adjust the mirror from the outside for them:ninja:

R1 Chickie and Roadwart like this.
  14. niki

niki Off Roader +

BMW riders/drivers sorry but I think they are a bunch of self important :poop:.They barge in front of you or cut you off at lights and they pull away as slow as can be they never knod,dazzle you with the knobheaded spotlights.The drivers cut you up or pull out in front of you or sit an inch off your back wheel at speed.

My other pet hate is the little pricks on them f ing twist and go hair driers that just get in the way or act like cocks to impress their boyfriend in his trakky bottoms,trainers worth more than the shit heap he's riding and off road helmet and not forgetting the wooly gloves.

R1 Chickie likes this.
  15. hoppielimp

hmmm I take exception to your generalisation :cautious:

16. niki

niki Off Roader +

what about the BMW or scooters

17. hoppielimp

the former...:confused: i agree on the little pricks...:thumbsup:

18. niki

niki Off Roader +

in strood there is three GS and one RT rider and that is a normal week for me to and fro work.The GS guys with the spots are dazzling everyone and they don't give a shit.I asked one why the need for the spots and he's answer was well they look good and the answer to the knowledge for they are dazzling everyone including me was so not my problem..they never nod they just put their nose up as if they were one of Hitlers Generals parading instead of a guy on a bike..As for the cars 99% of the time i have a car riding my back wheel its a suit in a BMW 1% its a Audi.

19. JimG

JimG British Superbike +

pic2.jpg
    pic3.jpg
    pic1.jpg
    Any combination thereof

lammyR6 and _Yappa_ like this.
  20. Finchy

Finchy Guest

Thanks Jim - that's more like it! Back to being light-hearted. Phew.

JimG likes this.