1. You are currently not signed in. If you are already a registered user Please log in to get the full benefit from this site. If not, why not register and gain full access to our wonderful forums, view topics, make posts, and more! So if your not already a user, you can register by simply clicking the button to the right of this notice.

Things you hate about biking

Discussion in 'Main Forum' started by R1 Chickie, Oct 18, 2011.

1. Choco

Choco Commuter 500 +

OMG!!! The owner of the tattoo shop I go to rides one of these. He's the most ridiculous thing I've ever seen! His CBRs kept getting stolen so he got one of those. :noway:

JimG likes this.
  2. Hanna

Hanna Street Fighter +

Ditto. :confused:

hoppielimp likes this.
  3. JimG

JimG British Superbike +

Just to stress, this is a BMW and therefore falls within the perception of BMW drivers expressed above. I'm sure the fools who own them spend all day wandering round talking about their 'Beemer'.

niki and Skortchio like this.
  4. R1 Chickie

R1 Chickie Guest

Ooooooooh, dont get me started on those 3 wheelers, how gay do you have to be to ride those things! If you cant handle a small two wheeled vehicle i.e. a scooter and need a third training wheel, you shouldnt be on the road!

JimG likes this.
  5. R1 Chickie

R1 Chickie Guest

I have no problems with Beemers at all, maybe its because Im a gal :)

hoppielimp likes this.
  6. viking killer

viking killer Street Fighter +

mmm would that apply to trikes also :confused:

7. JimG

JimG British Superbike +

My problem is with people who own them and call them Beemers (I inserted the 'own them' so as not to upset you!!). No one I know who owns a 5 series or 7 series BMW calls it a Beemer, but everyone who owns the bottom end most basic model seems to. When the 3 series was first launched salesmen bought them in droves, even though they had plastic seats, no radio and manual windows. However, they still marched round the office spouting off about their 'Beemer' to anyone who didn't have ear plugs in (or wasn't sitting in their end of model Cortina with Air con, cloth seats, electric windows, sun roof etc.). Now that shows my age!

8. Panel Man

Panel Man Secret prototype +

It was a little-known fact that the 3-series BMW sold in greater numbers than the equivalent Fords or Vauxhalls. I was quite stunned by that little factoid when I heard it first. Somehow BMW contrived to retain some aura of exclusive desirability while flooding the market. (I still enjoyed my 323i, though)!

9. Dave

Dave Moped

I call mine the M3 :)

Personal hates of mine are driving on the centre of the road, or moving to the centre as i overtake as if trying to force me into on-coming traffic.

Suddenly slowing and then indicating left pulling over to let me pass, if i want to go past them then i will decide when i want to.

As others have said, poor weather and riders that don't nod back.

10. Roadwart

Roadwart Administrator Staff Member Administrator +

You`re not wrong there Dave. I remember Spin saying someone did that for him & ended up kicking bits of old tree up from the verge straight towards him.

Spin likes this.
  11. Les

Les British Superbike +

And another thing...why do some car/van drivers, when turning left off a main road, feel the need to pull out towards the centre of the road at the last minute :eek:, as if they're in a truck. If they can't make a 90 degree corner, bloodywell get out earlier instead of trying to look like Starsky & Hutch.

12. Emma - 125cc Marauder

Emma - 125cc Marauder Off Roader +

GOD YOU LOT ARE DEPRESSING!!!!:eek:
    Things i like when riding

A good road
    Pretty scenery
    Nice weather
    The company
    A refresing beverage
    And a fully functioning bike and rider :MC:

Choco and Panel Man like this.
  13. megawatt

megawatt World Superbike +

Thankyou Emma ?

14. RetryRider

RetryRider Commuter 500 +

End of the good weather :cry:
    Everything else is just an annoyance and the joy of riding makes it worth while. :MC:

Skortchio likes this.
  15. Spin

Spin Street Fighter +

It was a ruddy great stump! The driver of a 4x4 helpfully moved left and stuck two wheels in the grass just as he was approaching a turning on the other side of the road (so I wasn't about to think about overtaking there) with a long LONG straight in front (where I was about to pass). He nearly lost control as he hit it).

Incidentally... mirror kicking. That's another one personal experience would suggest isn't a great idea. I whacked a mirror when some bloke cut me up on the N Circ one night, which annoyed him... just a few hundred metres later I got blocked by trucks stopped at lights and was more than a little concerned when he stopped just behind me and got out with his mate. Partly because he was about 18stone and built like a brick outhouse (so was his mate) and partly because he was carrying a baseball bat (so was his mate). We had a bit of polite conversation which ended with me apologising. Not clever... so I don't do that any more!

16. Les

Les British Superbike +

Tut tut...no escape route??;)

17. Spin

Spin Street Fighter +

Nope - hadn't heard the term back in those days ;) Unfortunately!

18. HAYABUSADAVE

HAYABUSADAVE Custom cruiser +

Bloody sodding bastard bugs!!! that plaster your visor and bike every time you go out for a spin!

Bastard sports car drivers that want to race you coz you have a Busa.....sad stupid ignorant pratts.....

Other bikers with something to prove and ride like twats on a bad day.......

Spotty little bastards with twist and gopeds that try their luck.....

Cock sure coppers that call you sonny when youre a lot older than them......

Car drivers etc on the phone whilst driving, totaly oblivious to you coming up on the outside.....and christ do some jump when you do.....

Car drivers with that stupid bloody fish sticker on the back of their tin boxes.....

Freezing cold weather that totals you whilst riding....coming home and thawing out......now that is pain.........