1. You are currently not signed in. If you are already a registered user Please log in to get the full benefit from this site. If not, why not register and gain full access to our wonderful forums, view topics, make posts, and more! So if your not already a user, you can register by simply clicking the button to the right of this notice.

Video - Sunday 13th Rideout

Discussion in 'Gallery' started by Sporty1200, Nov 14, 2011.

1. Sporty1200

Sporty1200 British Superbike +

Emma - 125cc Marauder and JimG like this.
  2. BlackHornet

BlackHornet Look before you turn Staff Member Moderator +

did you post this twice :rolleyes:
    or am i haveing de ja vu ?

3. hoppielimp

hoppielimp Fair Weather Rider +

de ja vu

4. SteveeP

SteveeP Sport Tourer +

Nice one!

5. Stars and Stripes

Stars and Stripes Secret prototype + Site Supporter

Even more P***ed off I couldnt make it, I was at home fitting upvc windows, and so many bikes went passed my house grrrrrh[​IMG]

Really glad you all had a great time, and what a turn out [​IMG]

6. Roadwart

Roadwart Administrator Staff Member Administrator +

Was a V good turnout for what is technically a winter ride. :thumbsup:

7. Sporty1200

If your having video related de ja vu i suggest those 'techno glasses' youve been wearing have somehow gained control of your mind. It was probably quite a battle :lol2:

(Actually I did post 2 vids somehow?, well it was fekin early, 7:40am)

8. megawatt

megawatt World Superbike +

Good vid Kev!

9. arai

arai Guest

Well done Kev ! Watched this then looked at the KAA one. Lucky you, you escape your own lens, sneaky x

10. Ducky

Ducky Quackers! +

Cool vid, I see you have wind noise issues too! :D

11. hoppielimp

yeah and so does his camera mic :hgiggle:

12. Rusty

Rusty 125 +

nice vid, you had a good turn out, soz could not b there, have promised to decorate, and its my 1 pet hate:bhead:, do many of u get up to 6bells at chidingly ?, look forward to meeting up soon:bike:

13. megawatt

Chiddingly is one of my haunts, still meet on Sunday?

14. megawatt

Chidingly is one of my haunts n not far from Wessons. Still meets on Sundays?

15. Sporty1200

Thanks, the wind is a terrible pain in the arse, ;).

I have experimented with varying camera pc program settings which i found pointless given only mic sensitivity can be adjusted, a post production software equaliser is whats needed. Alternatively 1 or 2 pieces of electrical tape stuck over the mic aperture usually removes all the high end freq stuff and makes the video less audibly tiring, but i forgot to do that on Sunday :oops:. I did experiment with an accompanying soundtrack and this works really well, shame i did that after i had already 'published' the vid. :D

One thing for sure, i wish i had a new Mac, feking PC is so slow to process and render i almost did some housework waiting for it to finish. :sleep:

SteveeP likes this.
  16. hoppielimp

can you not stick one of those furry mic socks on it...albeit a miniature one ?

17. megawatt

I just put sticky tape on my mic?

18. Emma - 125cc Marauder

Emma - 125cc Marauder Off Roader +

cool vid, love it, was a great day xx :)

19. Ducky

Ducky Quackers! +

I tried numerous ways to reduce the wind noise, the best was to actually fit a remote 'tie' mic to the unit, but this invalidates the warranty (as I found out after it flew off the bike) and so they wouldn't repair it :thumbsdown: Now I just use the waterproof case to keep the noise down, but the downsides of this is the increased weight on the mount. Sods law is that now the newer model actually has a remote 'tie' mic finally! :rolleyes:

Also depending on what application you use on the PC, some support nVidia CUDA acceleration, so a cheap graphics card with this technology can improve performance tenfold on a slow PC. :)

20. Sporty1200

Cheers Chris, i contacted the guys at contour, they recommended the waterproof case (but they would, lol). I found a vid demonstrating fixing an external mic which is probably the best option, but a 5mm x 5mm patch of black electrical tape over the mic hole seems a simple/invisible compromise. Tried wind socks n padding with little success.

Various mic sensitivity settings and layers of electrical tape over the hole gave contrasting results.
    Mic Sens at 10 + 2 layers of tape markedly reduces unwanted high end noise but overall was a bit too quiet.
    35 + 2 '' '' works best for me, frequency pick-up becomes mid range and overall volume is good.
    59 + 2 '' '' good as a contrast against the others but a little to harsh.

I forgot the tape on my last vid so you cant see/hear an example. Will do better next time :D
    I may well investigate the graphics card. :thumbsup:

Ducky likes this.