1. You are currently not signed in. If you are already a registered user Please log in to get the full benefit from this site. If not, why not register and gain full access to our wonderful forums, view topics, make posts, and more! So if your not already a user, you can register by simply clicking the button to the right of this notice.

What have you done to your bike today?

Discussion in 'Mechanical' started by Ducky, Jul 18, 2011.

1. Skortchio

Skortchio Caustic +

New front end (plus fender) back on again, next stop bleeding brakes - there's nothing wrong with them, that's what i have to do :laugh:

And remove the overspray...

2. Ducky

Ducky Quackers! +

Don't tell me about overspray, have got shares in clay now with the amount of stuff I need to clean! :cry:

3. Skortchio

Skortchio Caustic +

Swap you some for your cones, damn right i'm holding them to randsome! :hah:

4. Ducky

Ducky Quackers! +

I'll swap you the cones for the Trumpet key....:sneaky:

5. Skortchio

Skortchio Caustic +

:rubhands:
    I don't need it, I have a key for mine

GixxerChick likes this.
  6. Ducky

Ducky Quackers! +

Are you sure, it's got a cute little bike keyring thing on it too...! :laugh:

7. Skortchio

Skortchio Caustic +

Okay, I'm sold!

8. Sporty1200

Sporty1200 British Superbike +

Replaced the randomly incompetent system relay thingy on the Sporty, even went and paid for 6 months tax so i dont have to sneak about on the b roads anymore. Then took her for a 98 mile test ride just to check the tax disc was ok - Music earplugs in blasting out rock tunes.. Sweeeet.... :c9:

BlackHornet likes this.
  9. Tony

Tony Moderator Staff Member Moderator +

Cleaned the bike, Then watched the missus laugh as i said i was putting it to bed :MC:

10. Snowman

Snowman Learner

gave the bike a long overdue wash and polish this evening:whoo::whoo:

11. r1jay

r1jay Race Rep +

i have eventually managed to fix the exup problems. i managed to do it on a budget too. thanks to the help of a guy from another forum i got it all fixed for about £10, the biggest cost was the drill bits and i can assure you drilling out bolts is a long boring task. used it for two days now so it all good :)

Ducky likes this.
  12. Ducky

Ducky Quackers! +

Glad you got it sorted dude! :thumbsup:

13. Kevin Taylor

Kevin Taylor Off Roader +

Refixed the temporary fix done by Laguna's last week:(. The warning light came on again yesterday morning. So got home early tonight, took the LH fairing off and the light went out. Replaced the 3mm (spacer) on the top fairing bracket with a 6mm deep m8 nut, job done. Still think it is a design fault though:oops:, who would have a connector coming straight out and hitting the fairing at the slightest deforming of a bracket and trust me, 12 years in fabrication, it is minimal. A 90 degree angled connector would give so much clearance. Still only took 40 minutes, not bad considering I have never removed a fairing or such like. Happy days should make it to the Blue Boys tomorrow without problems.:disco:

Sporty1200 and ramrider like this.
  14. Biscuit

Biscuit Commuter 500 +

washed and pollished tyre's checked and chain :thumbsup:

15. Skortchio

Skortchio Caustic +

You shouldn't polish your tyres, it comprimises the grip!

:hah:

ramrider likes this.
  16. Biscuit

Biscuit Commuter 500 +

:hah: yeah i forgot the comma,:thumbsup:

17. mousematt

mousematt Commuter 500 +

Got the bike uncovered, checked it over ready for tomorrow (today... just realised the time) @ Blue Boys and noticed I'm very low on Oil... Will have to pick some up on the way home from work...:(

18. Roadwart

Roadwart Administrator Staff Member Administrator +

I rode it to work & will ride it to the Blue boys tonight. :D

19. Sporty1200

Sporty1200 British Superbike +

Hard wired the snav live dock to the battery, easier than i thought. Removed seat, unbolted tank + lifted, ran cable, added 5amp fuse to the live line, soldered joints, connected to battery replace removed/loosened parts. Done! And it seems to work.. :whoo:

Skortchio likes this.
  20. Skortchio

Skortchio Caustic +

Thought about it, wondered if it will get it's rack back on and a little use or not today. :unsure: