1. You are currently not signed in. If you are already a registered user Please log in to get the full benefit from this site. If not, why not register and gain full access to our wonderful forums, view topics, make posts, and more! So if your not already a user, you can register by simply clicking the button to the right of this notice.

Thief stripped naked and left on road

Discussion in 'Main Forum' started by Sporty1200, Nov 18, 2011.

?

Is this the style of 'summary justice' that we should adopt for some crimes in the UK?

Poll closed Nov 25, 2011.
  1. YES - It would have more impact than community service or a fine.

17 vote(s)
    85.0%
  2. NO - Its degrading and illegal.

2 vote(s)
    10.0%
  3. Hmmmm - Not sure

1 vote(s)
    5.0%
  1. GuzziRob

GuzziRob Race Rep +

Yes but much more enjoyable for the locals to get a bit of revenge:rubhands:

2. kitten_art

kitten_art Race Rep +

Really?
    We talking just putting people in stocks in the village square and walking passed and saying nasty things? Ooh....that sure as shit would make me feel better.....NOT
    We talking throwing rotten fruit n veg? Nope.....that wouldn't be good enough either.:lol2:

3. BlackHornet

BlackHornet Look before you turn Staff Member Moderator +

when someone is in the stocks there is nothing to stop you cutting off the persons ear and tattooing his face :D

i say this was pretty fair, swift and the guy walked away knowing that he won't ever want that to happen again.
    the best way of putting people off doing a crime is fear and as prison, asbo's etc aren't feared then things need to change.
    plus the cost of keeping prisoners is massive yet the cost of a bullet and even allowing £1000.00 payment for me to pull the trigger still saved billions over the years :thumbsup:

4. kitten_art

kitten_art Race Rep +

Totally agree that prison is nothing, nor is an asbo. But the answer is not vigilantes all over the shop.
    This day and age, if stocks were bought in to play, there would be health and safety guidelines. Probably someone would have to be employed to ensure that no harm came to the "poor criminal" in the stocks *rolls eyes*. Who would decide how long they would be "sentenced" for?
    The "idea" of stocks and "street justice" totally rocks, but implementing brings to play an awful lot of problems.
    But still......if someone threatens me or mine, they will find out just how afeared of me they should have been!

5. Fergy

Fergy Secret prototype +

Hmmm....Stocks...Depends where really....Brighton Seafront for a week with a large tub of vaselene on the side :rubhands: That may do the trick for some of the lesser crimes! :hah:

deano81, GuzziRob and kitten_art like this.
  6. Roadwart

Roadwart Administrator Staff Member Administrator +

I still think that, for certain offences, a stint in the army would do a world of good. In just 6 weeks of "basic training" the army can break a person down to practically nothing & remould them into something they can work with.

7. kitten_art

kitten_art Race Rep +

Agree wholefartedly.....:thumbsup:

8. HAYABUSADAVE

HAYABUSADAVE Custom cruiser +

And they were well known theiving pikey thugs......wonder what have happened if they had got their way with him.......fine? out on bail? some community hours? Put all the scum bags and the rioting shitters in for 5 yrs minimum National service. No jail time, waste of tax payers money and they dont learn nothing!

9. kitten_art

kitten_art Race Rep +

Howabout you forget the vaseline?
    :rubhands:

Sporty1200 likes this.
  10. HAYABUSADAVE

Well actually yes......I'm no angel, but by no means am i or never have been a thieving scum bag, live by the sword etc.......:poke:

11. kitten_art

kitten_art Race Rep +

Its....Anything, they don't learn anything :hah::haha::hah:

12. HAYABUSADAVE

No after jail time they'd love it......:puke:

kitten_art likes this.
  13. HAYABUSADAVE

They wouldn't learn that either.........:D

14. kitten_art

kitten_art Race Rep +

I shall say g'bye to the helicopters then *sob* :cry:
    This was not merely referring to thieving scumbags by the by, but hey....brain too addled to argue now.

15. kitten_art

kitten_art Race Rep +

Doh!
    :hah:

16. niki

niki Off Roader +

better would be public flogging and for thieving scum hands dipped in boiling oil..

17. BlackHornet

BlackHornet Look before you turn Staff Member Moderator +

just found out today my brother in laws van got broken into and they stole the keys to various properties and other vans/ cars etc so he now has to replace lots of locks ( the pickup truck alone is £600.00) i think public hanging would work well :thumbsup:

18. kitten_art

kitten_art Race Rep +

And what's the betting they never get caught? Barstewards!

19. Roughie

Roughie Street Fighter +

I can feel the love oozing from the screen lol

20. HAYABUSADAVE

Yes indeed, the love to amputate the thieving bastards!! :rubhands: