1. You are currently not signed in. If you are already a registered user Please log in to get the full benefit from this site. If not, why not register and gain full access to our wonderful forums, view topics, make posts, and more! So if your not already a user, you can register by simply clicking the button to the right of this notice.

[Dec 26, 2011] Boxing day at the Pied Bull (Pied Bull)

Discussion in 'Biker events' started by Roughie, Dec 11, 2011.

1. Les

Les British Superbike +

Wow, big surprise at the huge numbers/bikes there, but no SECbers. Nikko, was that you I passed on the A20 going the other way near The Royal George? Couldn't stop, dinner was on the table.

2. Roughie

Roughie Street Fighter +

I was there got there about 10.30ish stayed until about 1ish dropped the bike as i was leaving, so nothing new there then!!! go home and promptly dropped the bike as i was putting it away in the garage... now i am back to square one again with a hurt leg and pulled back !!!! ohhh i want 2011 over and done with

apart from that i had a FANTASTIC day !!!! and it was good to see sooo many people

3. Les

Les British Superbike +

Oh no.:eek: Much damage?

4. kitten_art

kitten_art Race Rep +

Harsh!
    Luckily I have only ever dropped one bike (so far ;)) and that was many, many moons ago. Knowing my luck,
    now I have said that, I will drop it! However.......I did spy some rather nice matt black....yes, matt black engine bars yesterday, that will fit this one.
    Roughie, should you maybe have stabilisers? :haha: (only a joke, before I get my head ripped off!!!)

5. Les

Les British Superbike +

There were some great bikes there, mostly unusual stuff, Indian, V8 trike & loads of old Brit things & a real friendly crowd. Felt a bit of an outsider on the SD.:(

6. kitten_art

kitten_art Race Rep +

"Old Brit Things"..........Things?! You call British motorsikkles, THINGS? :eek: How very dare you sir!
    :hah:
    Am off out on my Jap "thing" now, for a bimble over Lewes way, shall see if I can get myself lost and found again :confused:

Sporty1200 likes this.
  7. Les

Les British Superbike +

I love the look of the old Brit stuff but reliability was a pain when I had one. One of those 'things' yesterday was a 650 twin, like an early Bonnie engine, in an old KTM frame, really a homemade supermoto that sounded great when he left.

kitten_art likes this.
  8. Rusty

Rusty 125 +

shame did not know u were out, i just took the jap bandit out:rubhands: for 20 miles , took a while to get her off the choke, think i had a bit of condensation kicking about, it cleared after a while, so i ended up at cafe by the brighton pier 4 a nice cup of hot chockie:10:, hope u had a good xmas, catch up with u soon

9. kitten_art

kitten_art Race Rep +

Had a 1975 Bonnie, never missed a beat, but that may have been because it was really looked after. The 1969 Trophy, only had teething problems after her rebuild. Anyhoo, was only joking with you. :D

10. kitten_art

kitten_art Race Rep +

pm me your number if you like, will text you next time I do a last minute blatt. :)

11. Les

Les British Superbike +

I knew that.;)

12. nikko1135

nikko1135 125 +

Hi les,

yes that was me, just on my way to the pied bull, late as usual lol. there were still a few people there but had a chat to the landlord and he said that its usually a good turnout. in summer they have a few gatherings in the evenings too!!

possible place to head to as an alternative to the oakdene??

Les likes this.