1. You are currently not signed in. If you are already a registered user Please log in to get the full benefit from this site. If not, why not register and gain full access to our wonderful forums, view topics, make posts, and more! So if your not already a user, you can register by simply clicking the button to the right of this notice.

What's pi$$ed me off today.........!!

Discussion in 'Main Forum' started by Ducky, Jul 14, 2011.

1. Patyogi

Patyogi Street Fighter +

The solution is clear, move to sunny Dorset, blatted around for over a 100 miles and the roads were luvverly n clear, sod the the Easter break when all the grokkels start arriving.
    Still can't have it all my own way, I still gotta another couple of weeks.:chppr:

2. BlackHornet

BlackHornet Look before you turn Staff Member Moderator +

just make it so they have to cycle at a minimum speed :) it will help their fitness too :rofl::rofl:

And as for buses I would removed at least 50 % of the bus stops, I followed one recently and counted 6 stops in under half a mile :eek:

3. MaDProFF

MaDProFF World Superbike +

In a Nutshell Yes Banning ALL planned Large Cycle Timed/Race Events on public roads, They are border line legal in my view. There are no other group of Road Users that causes so much congestion, accidents, pay no tax, not insured, and bad feeling than Cyclists. (maybe Fox hunting in the old days spilled on the road, and possible the odd Biker Group that ride so slow, I would not be seen dead with).
    Don't often see lorries on the roads at weekends now days, also with the raised speed limit of lorries has made quite a difference to the general speed of traffic.
    Also have to disagree:- I think there are at times more cyclist on the roads now than your so called "Leather Clad Warriors"
    I do not have a problem with any other road users, including Cyclists, as long as they are polite, and not causing an in convenience to other road users, it is the large groups of Selfish, Righteous, don't give a crap for anyone else highway code breaking large groups of cyclist that all other road users have to endure.
    They use our highways to train/race without the slightest regard to anyone else.
    All other Road Users are liable and have a set of laws to abide to, that we can be penalised for breaking, Cyclists at worse get a measly fine.

Laws to be changed:-
    To ride at least 3 car lengths apart of each other. (if they wanna chat get a blue tooth system like you use with Helmet.
    Single File at all times (if you are trying to shield a learner, or poor rider, then they should not be allowed to ride on the public highway till proficient (Including Test of course).
    When approaching a Horse warn them well in advance of approach, (Ring Bell) oh of course you lyrca louts break that rule too. Horse riders worse nightmare, a group of ninja approaching lyra louts in a large group. I might add has caused at least one horse I know of to be put down on the side of the road
    To use correct footwear, not these clip on what ever they are, that not lets the rider to get their feet down quickly, and then at least they will bother to stop at junctions instead of expecting all other road users to slam on their brakes, to sometimes a complete stop because said cyclist thinks they have a right away at all times.
    To wear full protective clothing, Motor Bikers are now frowned upon wearing as much as a tee shirt and shorts. it costs the NHS millions of pounds a year to tend to cyclists accidents.
    To be Insured.
    To pay Tax.
    All bikes be built in a way that on the road a cyclist actually looks up ahead, and not ride around looking down at the ground that has caused numerous accidents riding into the front of other vehicles.

Quite frankly the list is endless, so yes ban them all unless it is in a bike lane.
    Events to be around race tracks.
    Clearly this problem is going to get far worse with our borders open, with so much open land around the Ashdown Forest personally they should build an off road track, and a tarmaced Lit at night race track all around the forest to warrant them to use that on a daily basis, they might even cull the deer at the same time.
    (don't get me started on that issue)

Russell, Eileen, Tony and 1 other person like this.
  4. JimBo

JimBo World Superbike +

You clearly missed my point. If you start banning certain road users then there will be no limit to the persecution, including motorcyclists.

I'm sure there are plenty of other events that cause congestion and delay to other road users. I certainly wouldn't mind a motorcycle street race in my area as long as, like ALL organised cycle events, it is vetted and sanctioned by the police and local authority.

I agree with your comments regarding inconsiderate cyclists, but I resent you tarring me with the same brush. I've NEVER gone through a red light for example (too attached to my legs, head etc). There are knobs everywhere on all modes of transport. And you obviously have never used clipless pedals or ski bindings.

As for insurance and tax, I AM insured for £10 000 000 third party through my membership of the CTC, and, as I tend not to ride on motorways or A roads on my bicycle, I do pay tax for the building and maintenance of all other roads through my local council tax who have the responsibility for them. This is why the roads are so sh*t as there is no co-ordinated maintenance regime. Every council does what it wants when it wants.

My reference to "lycra clad warriors" (kindly provided by Tom :p) was directed to the attitude of some road users, not the numbers. And the more cyclists the less the burden on health services in general with reduced obesity, heart failure, stress etc etc (read the informed reports from respected health authorities and research establishments).
    The only area where there might be an increased demand is A&E :eek:. If you start providing health care on a lifestyle basis then there are plenty of other pastimes that you can attack first, like smoking and drinking!

Anyway, I think we should all just chill, breathe deep, wait for whatever is annoying us to pass (and it will) and enjoy the bits we can.
    To that end I'm off. Byeeeee......

5. MaDProFF

No Jimbo, you did not read mine, there is no need to ban any other road users just cyclists, no other Road Users on a regular basis ruins it for so many.
    Of Course there are people like yourself (so you Say :) who adhere to treating others with the same respect you expect them to treat you.
    I am sure some have insurance, most have not.
    Ironically some poor Old Boy died riding his bike the other day due to a heart attack :( Nr. Esher. I also agree ban Smoking and Drinking :)
    My complaints are the events on a weekly basis with 100's of cyclists clogging up the roads.
    Also I am not angry, or even pissed off, (it is just this thread is called pissed off), my Point was it ruined my ride to the point I wanted, and did go home, as everywhere I went was hoards of cyclists, and traffic caused by them.

6. RedRock

RedRock Street Fighter +

Is it the cyclist that's the problem or the cars trying to get passed the cyclist. Just thought I'd throw that out there :D

7. BlackHornet

It's Both, why doesn't the highway code state weekends are for motorbikes only :mad:

And today I saw 10 dead badgers on the road they should be banned too :thumbsup:

Eagle, MaDProFF, MrGreen and 2 others like this.
  8. MaDProFF

It is a Cyclists problem, if the cars or car drove at that speed, they would be prosecuted for going to slow, and rightly so. A Friend in Brighton in a 30 mph in the last few months was pulled up by police for doing 18 mph, and stated he could prosecute them. Although it was a SHE :) said she was looking for somewhere, they were not interested, Ironically also little further down the road it is the 20 MPH Speed limit in Brighton.

Russell likes this.
  9. hoppielimp

hoppielimp Fair Weather Rider +

:htlr:

lammyR6 likes this.
  10. ninjabob

ninjabob Street Fighter +

Cyclists - where to start...............................

11. MaDProFF

SSSSSHHHHH Don't mention the C word :)

12. Roadwart

Roadwart Administrator Staff Member Administrator +

I can`t see how that would stand up in court as the only roads that have a minimum speed limit is motorways & thats only 30.

13. MaDProFF

Don't disagree, just they stopped her for going to slow, but I guess they could do her for something like aggravating other drivers, or a section 59, which they hand out for anything they feel like.

Though I think there is a sign for a minimum speed limit so I guess where ever that is with what ever speed on it, Think there is one through the Blackwall Tunnel

14. alexs

alexs World Superbike +

I used to cycle a lot in my youth (yep a long time ago agreed) with Medway Velos and we were lucky to get a dozen riders on a time trial / ride, the recent boom in cycling now means these events attract 100's of cyclists many of which aren't particularly proficient and end up wheezing and wobbling their way around the Ashdown Forest roads every weekend.
    The sheer number plus the ranging ability of the cyclists spreads them out over miles of highway causing a huge amount of frustration to other road users, I definitely think the time has come to limit either the number of events held on particular roads or the number of participants.

15. BlackHornet

Beelady, Fergy and lammyR6 like this.
  16. BlackHornet

Getting a puncture on the car in carlshalton only to find out my jack is missing from the car :mad:

Along with the socket needed to remove the nuts.

What an arse.

Fergy likes this.
  17. BlackHornet

Yesterday evening a kid on a 125 managed to lose control of his bike. Hit the curb and bin it before sliding straight into my car.

Checked he was okay but got a little bit concerned that either he was drunk or the bike was stolen. Ended up calling the police who couldn't care. Followed the kid back to where he said he lived. But this morning on checking the bike has been left in a car park. All seems odd :shrug:

18. MaDProFF

You not having a lot of luck these days Tom :(

19. BlackHornet

true but not dead yet :D

Beelady likes this.
  20. Tomasbe

Tomasbe Custom cruiser +

Woke up this morning to find out David Copperfield visited me at night and managed to disappear my car. No one seen or heard anything. No clues, nothing.:mad::poop::cry2: