1. You are currently not signed in. If you are already a registered user Please log in to get the full benefit from this site. If not, why not register and gain full access to our wonderful forums, view topics, make posts, and more! So if your not already a user, you can register by simply clicking the button to the right of this notice.

Attachments?

Discussion in 'Site Feedback' started by Ducky, Jul 19, 2011.

1. Ducky

Ducky Quackers! +

Just a query about adding pictures, on a previous forum ;) you could add a picture and a small thumbnail would appear where ever you inserted it...which was handy for the project threads.

Is this possible/going to be in the future; or do we have to stay with adding links to pictures stored hosted externally (photobucket etc), which makes for a v.large thread/or no pictures and just links to images.

:)

2. Roadwart

Roadwart Administrator Staff Member Administrator +

It`s available now Chris. Put the cursor where you want the pic to appear & upload the file. Then you have 2 options, full pic or thumbnail. Choose thumbnail & you`ll get a TN in the post that will expand when clicked.

Ducky and Yoda like this.
  3. Ducky

Ducky Quackers! +

Sweet, just tried it and looks cool, thx Paul! :thumbsup:

Yoda likes this.
  4. Ducky

Ducky Quackers! +

Just trying to add stuff, but is there a restriction on pictures/text per post as I can't seem to add more to my initial CBR post I've just started?

5. Roadwart

Yes 200Kb per pic mate. I set it at that to A) save server space while we get the site tweaked & settled & B) You don`t really need more than 200kb per pic as that`s a hell of a lot of picture still. Oh & its 5 pics per post but you can just create a new post underneath & add in the rest.

I`m probably going to up it to 10 per post in the future but I wanted to see what sort of usage we get for the first few months.

EDIT I`ll probably keep the file limit at 200Kb though as, lets be honest, its plenty with todays compressions.

6. Ducky

Ducky Quackers! +

ok no worries, I thought it might be something like that so I added some placeholders into the thread, thx for the clarification on that. :thumbsup:

7. Roadwart

No worries Chris. I`ve no probs with you adding in place holders.

8. Roadwart

Chris, forgot to add, if you want to link to an external site if you wrap the URL with [​IMG] it should show the pic instead of the link.