1. You are currently not signed in. If you are already a registered user Please log in to get the full benefit from this site. If not, why not register and gain full access to our wonderful forums, view topics, make posts, and more! So if your not already a user, you can register by simply clicking the button to the right of this notice.

[Jan 4, 2012] New Year meet at The Old Vine ,Wadhurst, East... (Wadhurst, East Sussex, TN5 6ER)

Discussion in 'Biker events' started by megawatt, Dec 31, 2011.

1. Panel Man

Panel Man Secret prototype +

Only just got home after Northampton trip. Feeling tired and not properly able to concentrate on anything much, although my refrigerator has some interesting contents. No, Les: not like MegaWatt's workshop 'fridge. ;)

Hope you guys had a good night.

2. BlackHornet

BlackHornet Look before you turn Staff Member Moderator +

did you get lost on the way home panel man ?

good to see everyone there last night :thumbsup:

3. Panel Man

Panel Man Secret prototype +

How did you know? I went the wrong way on the M-25 having come down the A-1 because I thought I was on the M11 - really the signposts aren't great and anyway I don't know which of them runs east to west. It's a pain when I need to get somewhere in a predictable time scale, but I do see a lot more of the country than you other folks, and I get to drive more enjoyable miles!:rolleyes:

Glad you enjoyed yourselves :)

lammyR6 likes this.
  4. Russell

Russell Race Rep +

Indeed, always good to see everyone!

5. lammyR6

lammyR6 Moderator Staff Member Moderator + Site Supporter

Nice to see everyone. We did have a bit of fun on the way home when someone coming out of a side street for some unfathomable reason decided to make themselves a target for my car. Luckily we did stop in time, just as well as, after having seen us coming, he just carried on pulling out and then proceeded to give us a royal wave. Hmmm! Nothing like a bit of an adrenaline rush on way home from dinner :D

6. Roadwart

Roadwart Administrator Staff Member Administrator +

You should have responded with a 10 second blast on the horn & much flashing of headlights as per the highway code to make the other vehicle aware of your presence.

Sporty1200 likes this.
  7. Hanna

Hanna Street Fighter +

It did feel a bit like a SMIDSY in the car... except the guy didn't say sorry and just carried on after he plainly had seen us. So not like a SMIDSY at all then. :rolleyes:

8. Russell

Russell Race Rep +

Just like being on the bike then :D

lammyR6 likes this.
  9. Les

Les British Superbike +

Don't you just love old folks like that, who sort of sail through life causing all sorts of mayhem, thinking the world should give way to them. Just to calmly wave when the dust settles. My old fella was exactly like that but so nice about it nobody, well not many:mad: , took exception.

10. Sporty1200

Sporty1200 British Superbike +

My departed grandfather, whilst honking his horn at them, once drove through a group who were crossing on a pedestrian crossing. He didnt hit anyone but he thought they were just ''in the road'' so kept going. They took his number, reported him - result - ordered to take a retest, which he didnt bother with. Thank Fek. Another dangerous old cogger of the road.

11. megawatt

megawatt World Superbike +

Was great to see everybody last night. Had a long chat with Retryrider and Nikko and My Boss enjoyed chatting with Jackie and Leila. Was a great meet , but I now agree with what was said about food prices! Way too expensive, only two items on the menu were less than a tenner!!!What do you guys reckon???

12. JimG

JimG British Superbike +

Blueboys!

Davetona, Ducky and Roadwart like this.
  13. lost

lost Samsung leaflet fetishist +

it was good to see everyone
    as for the food i really enjoyed it:D

14. BlackHornet

BlackHornet Look before you turn Staff Member Moderator +

the food was good but the prices would mean that it wouldn't be my first choice for a biker meet. great for the odd meal out but then that does really need to be when we all eat at the same time. the staggered start time for each of us is more suited to somewhere like the blueboys but then i don't see why we can't have a bikers night once a month and then have a meal out every so often, be that at the old vine or a chinese somewhere:D

15. Les

Les British Superbike +

Looks like we're erring towards the BB for the monthly then with the odd dinner out elsewhere. Suits me, the dinner venue can be further east/south if it suits the others.

Russell likes this.