1. You are currently not signed in. If you are already a registered user Please log in to get the full benefit from this site. If not, why not register and gain full access to our wonderful forums, view topics, make posts, and more! So if your not already a user, you can register by simply clicking the button to the right of this notice.

Unmarked Traffic car

Discussion in 'On the Road!' started by ro06k5, Jan 2, 2012.

1. ro06k5

ro06k5 Sport Tourer +

Seen on the A259 through Brighton at the weekend.

Silver Jaguar XF saloon, reg number A*59*** Big shiny alloys, and blues behind the front grille.

Was going over a pikeys old Transit van that looked like it was held together just by the paint! Made sure I went past with the clutch in :D

**just noticed, that's 100 posts for me!!**:skip:

Sporty1200 likes this.
  2. Barry107

Barry107 125 +

Thanks for the heads up, sneaky lot around Sussex :ninja:

3. Roadwart

Roadwart Administrator Staff Member Administrator +

Spotted yesterday in Crowborough but only because it was attending a RTC & the copper was hanging out of the drivers door.

Black Audi RS4 Avant G*60 ***

4. Carnage

Carnage Race Rep +

wifey tells me theres a black volvo estate on the prowl in medway and also i have seen a black focus ST ( actually got pulled by him but thats another storey) note the focus tell tale sign is the number on the roof

Barry107 likes this.
  5. HAYABUSADAVE

HAYABUSADAVE Custom cruiser +

Was going over a pikeys old Transit van that looked like it was held together just by the paint! Made sure I went past with the clutch in :D

At least they were doing a good job with the pikeys......:)

6. gixerpaulk5

gixerpaulk5 Off Roader +

Cheers for the heads up carnage, im in medway area

7. Yoda

Yoda Sport Tourer + Site Supporter

Thanks you Add to the List !

8. BlackHornet

BlackHornet Look before you turn Staff Member Moderator +

we should have a sticky thread for all unmarked cars and bikes make it easy to add too

9. r1jay

r1jay Race Rep +

A few weekends ago whilst at KFC there was an Audi A6 in silver/grey its reg is RF11OPT. Keep an eye out as apart from the uniform and the registration plate there are no distinguishing marks

10. Roadwart

Spotted another *possible* one here. White focus (unsure if it was an ST) GL59???. It could well have been the coppers own car on way to/from shift as I didn`t see it arrive, just the copper in the garage getting some munchies. If my memory serves me correctly, they don`t usually commute in uniform so thought it worth putting up.

11. Fergy

Fergy Secret prototype +

So far I have seen: Black Audi A3 on the a21, orange focus ST, Silver Audi A4, Lexus IS200 (my boss saw a jag xf), various golfs, a silver merc on the m25 (mainly on the surrey stretch) and I cant even remeber the others! All in the past 3 months too.

12. Sporty1200

Sporty1200 British Superbike +

I was going to say..... ''its about time someone invented an independent ANPR (automatic number plate recognition) unit for the general public'' so we could input all the 'snide' plain cars and bikes intel we have collected (nationally) into its database and have a warning sent to us via b-tooth when any on-board cameras we or others have, have picked up a plain plod car/bike near us or in a general area.

I was suprised to discover there are systems on sale to the public. No prices given that i can see on initial glances, which suggests it would be hugely expensive in my mind.. not to say a tad extreme, but i like the principle of a national 'snide' car/bike database with user proximity alerts and warnings sent out when one is spotted. Trouble is the first recognition allert may not be fast enough to respond, i.e. scan/recognise its plod, then allert the first ''victim/perp''. But once it does pick up a 'bogey' it could then warn all other system 'subcribers' in that area etc etc.

Not practical i know right now, but a short leap into the future when technology is even smaller and cheaper. Maybe by next month? :ninja:

http://www.automaticnumberplaterecognition.co.uk/cameras.html
    http://ndi-rs.com/ukrs/home

kitten_art likes this.
  13. hoppielimp

hoppielimp Fair Weather Rider +

there is a live 'app' for iPhones and BB, called Trapster. I used to use in Oz...it works world wide (so it should work here) i believe and is user based. ie live reporting of Speed Camera's, Breatalisers, Crashes...etc...provided the user makes an input...prefably while stopped :confused:

For those that have an iPhone or BB mount on their bikes or stop n check their route regularly...its quite a cool app. The more users confirm a site, the more reliable the App confirms that there is something there. A random input will just signify a possibility...

kitten_art and Sporty1200 like this.
  14. Roadwart

Just checked this out & it available for android for free so I`m going to grab it & see what its like.

hoppielimp likes this.
  15. hoppielimp

it has an audio function too and radius for alerts etc...not sure if it will work through GPS/Bluetooth systems, although it will work direct.

Also has a Caravan Buddies (individual/Group) function, so i f you turn it on, you can see where everyone else is. Not bad on big rides if you have no idea where u r going and u get lost. Haven't really tried it yet. Roadwart what is your user name ? Mine is the same as on here....just seeing if it works....has a 25mile location radius...

16. Roadwart

I`ve only installed it, not yet created an account but I will use the same name as here & I`ll give you a shout when I`m signed up.

17. Roadwart

Hoppie, I`ve now got the account working but I can`t see anywhere to add in other users in android mate so I`m not sure its been implemented in this version. You can always se if you can add me to yours though.

18. hoppielimp

Caravan Buddy thing should be on your right hand side. Its the icon that looks like a single person. I've added you by the way....request is 'pending'

19. Roadwart

Def don`t have that mate. I have nothing down the RH side, on the left I have a compass, my speed & speed limit & a report button at the bottom. Even in the settings theres nothing about caravan buddies. :(

Just noticed that the android version is still "beta" so that may explain that mate.

EDIT:

Caravan buddies is an IPhone only feature atm, apparently they are working on it for android.

20. ro06k5

ro06k5 Sport Tourer +

Will try it when I have finished updating my phone

Roadwart likes this.