1. You are currently not signed in. If you are already a registered user Please log in to get the full benefit from this site. If not, why not register and gain full access to our wonderful forums, view topics, make posts, and more! So if your not already a user, you can register by simply clicking the button to the right of this notice.

Advice please!

Discussion in 'Main Forum' started by Finchy, Jan 6, 2012.

1. megawatt

megawatt World Superbike +

I didn't say you had OCD ?;)

2. Skortchio

Skortchio Caustic +

Looking good there dude! :thumbsup:

Did you get rid of that little bit of orange peel on the fairing panel in the left of the first pic? ;)

3. Finchy

Finchy Guest

There are little bits of orange peel on a few panels, but I've had enough for today (todays pics are as far as I've gone for now - taken a couple of hours ago). I'll do a bit more buffing over the weekend and draw most of the imperfections out. It's actually looking better than I expected, so I just hope that the lacquer doesn't balls it all up. Thanks for the advice on painting.

4. Skortchio

Skortchio Caustic +

Don't worry fella, laquer has the advantage of being clear and easy to re do should it go a bit wonky.
    That said, fairing panels aren't normally laquered only the tank from factory, but it's a more durable finish.

Looking excellent, well done.

5. Finchy

Finchy Guest

Thanks. Just got back in from another session in the garage. Got most of the orange-peel out now.

Just more compounding tomorrow (& hopefully applying decals if they arrive).