1. You are currently not signed in. If you are already a registered user Please log in to get the full benefit from this site. If not, why not register and gain full access to our wonderful forums, view topics, make posts, and more! So if your not already a user, you can register by simply clicking the button to the right of this notice.

Someone up there is looking after me!

Discussion in 'On the Road!' started by Jim, Jan 16, 2012.

1. Jim

Jim Race Rep +

I sooooo nearly binned it this morning, turned right into a nice little B road that I know well on the way to work, it was very cold but dry and this is a nice little road, what Ididn't allow for as I accelerated was the overnight water leak that had now frozen and formed a nice ICE RINK FOR ABOUT 30 YDS! It was like a slower version of one of those horrible swervy wobbly 'oh my God he's gonna crash' moments when y0u watch the WSB rider crazily speed wobbling down the track and you just know he's gonna high side. Fortunately I didn't but I have never ever had the bike leant so far over first to the left, then the right and then the left again in a STRAIGHT line! I had time to think, 'shit I am definately coming off' but somehow I didn't, I can't claim skill kept me on, I just eased the throttle and didn't fight it, once I came out the other side............fear slowed me down!

Just a word of warning to the wise be careful out there, I consider myself to be a safe and steady rider but this was just poor forward planning and a lapse in concentration, thankfully someone up there is still looking out for me! Phew!

Les likes this.
  2. BlackHornet

BlackHornet Look before you turn Staff Member Moderator +

:D lucky save :thumbsup:

3. Hanna

Hanna Street Fighter +

Glad you made it okay. :hug:

4. Stars and Stripes

Stars and Stripes Secret prototype + Site Supporter

Glad to hear you kept it the right way up [​IMG]

5. Roadwart

Roadwart Administrator Staff Member Administrator +

Would have been a tad embarrassing for your colleagues to have to come out to you ;) Glad you`re OK though.

6. kitten_art

kitten_art Race Rep +

:hug3:

Jim likes this.
  7. Sporty1200

Sporty1200 British Superbike +

Glad you and machine are ok Jim :thumbsup: . There is always an amount of luck in any such incident, but luck 'plus' good riding skills probably saved ur bacon.

Good post, reminds us all to take care and be careful. :)

Jim and _Yappa_ like this.
  8. R1 Chickie

R1 Chickie Guest

Phew. In my experience that is the best way to stay on: just stay calm and dont grab or touch anything, just let the bike sort itself out.

9. Roadwart

Roadwart Administrator Staff Member Administrator +

Even if its airbourne Tanya? ;)

10. Les

Les British Superbike +

Maybe that's why she learned to fly.

11. R1 Chickie

R1 Chickie Guest

absolutely! I was calm and she landed upright, it couldve been a lot worse :)

12. Tony

Tony Moderator Staff Member Moderator +

Glad your ok Jim,

13. HAYABUSADAVE

HAYABUSADAVE Custom cruiser +

You def' know that someone 'up there' is looking after you after something like this........:thumbsup:

Image008aa.jpg

PS.....A few deep scrapes, not even a skid mark.....on the road or in my boxers.......
    Thanks Mr Alpinestars.......:thumbsup:

14. Barry107

Barry107 125 +

Hayabusadave, you get a;

[​IMG]

For that one fella

Jim likes this.
  15. HAYABUSADAVE

HAYABUSADAVE Custom cruiser +

Thanks Barry.....:thumbsup: