1. You are currently not signed in. If you are already a registered user Please log in to get the full benefit from this site. If not, why not register and gain full access to our wonderful forums, view topics, make posts, and more! So if your not already a user, you can register by simply clicking the button to the right of this notice.

Mayday Run

Discussion in 'Biker events' started by niki, Jan 17, 2012.

1. Roadwart

Roadwart Administrator Staff Member Administrator +

If it is crap, I think I`ll just stay at home & get pished %)

kitten_art and Sporty1200 like this.
  2. Yoda

Yoda Sport Tourer + Site Supporter

then im coming to yours and doing the same ...lol

3. Roadwart

Roadwart Administrator Staff Member Administrator +

You are always welcome over mate, you know that.

4. Yoda

Yoda Sport Tourer + Site Supporter

i know that mate you a star

5. HAYABUSADAVE

HAYABUSADAVE Custom cruiser +

See what gives with the weather over the next few days then maybe a plan in the offing..... :thumbsup:

kitten_art likes this.
  6. RetryRider

RetryRider Commuter 500 +

Don't know where any of them places are but if the weather improves sure I could find em somehow :)

7. Finchy

Finchy Guest

The weather's forecast to be cloudy... but DRY! Has anyone formulated a proper / confirmed plan yet? If it involves Rye :sleep:, I'll pass and go do my own thing.

8. GuzziRob

GuzziRob Race Rep +

My plan A is to park in the exit road from Scotney Castle (southern end of Lamberhurst bypass), chat to lots of people who are there every year, at some time eventually get to Hastings. park somewhere, see lots more people, chat. drink coffee, eat chips and/or ice cream, drink more coffee and ride home.
    My plan B is dress in full wet gear, ride direct to Hastings. stand around drinking coffee, get cold and miserable, ride back and have hot shower to warm up.

kitten_art and Stars and Stripes like this.
  9. kitten_art

kitten_art Race Rep +

I shall be parking wherever the hell there is a gap, bimbling around aimlessly, bumping into people I have not seen for the past year, talking lots and gawking at bikes and trikes and when I have had enough, going home!
    Sorted.

nikko1135 and GuzziRob like this.
  10. niki

niki Off Roader +

I'm going from locksbottom this year as I'm taking my pillion bitch(best mate) this year and he lives in hayes.then mingle with the guys and gals at sainsburys and then ride out from there.Once in hastings will go park at my usual place (kitty its by the swan paddling pool) which has always got spaces.Then eat some greasy food washed down with coffee and have a look about hope not to get wet and then ride home after a few hours.

kitten_art likes this.
  11. kitten_art

kitten_art Race Rep +

Tis usually around there somewhere that I wind up parking, there or down by the old fishing huts. :thumbsup:

12. RetryRider

Been looking at a route down from Tunbridge Wells via A267 then A269 into Hastings if anyones interested?

Weather looks like it good be drizzly but not that bad :whew:.

13. RetryRider

Anyone get down there on Monday?

14. BlackHornet

BlackHornet Look before you turn Staff Member Moderator +

a few did but then a few of us headed the other way :D quiet roads and no police :cautious:

15. GuzziRob

GuzziRob Race Rep +

Me

16. RetryRider

Musta missed you :) Then again wasn't there for long.

17. Davetona

Davetona Sport Tourer +

I went with some 675ers.
    I did see SteveeP across the road at one point but he'd disappeared by the time I got there!:laugh:

18. Amancalledrob

Amancalledrob Street Fighter +

I saw you, but it had just started to rain and I was making a beeline for the chippy :)

Had a great time, sun came out after I finished my cod and chips, rode to Rye and out to Lydd on a deserted, cop-free road.

My bike broke the next day. This makes me sad :(