1. You are currently not signed in. If you are already a registered user Please log in to get the full benefit from this site. If not, why not register and gain full access to our wonderful forums, view topics, make posts, and more! So if your not already a user, you can register by simply clicking the button to the right of this notice.

PC Locking up

Discussion in 'Site Feedback' started by GixxerGilly, Jul 21, 2011.

1. ramrider

ramrider Race Rep +

thats what i said(:

2. GixxerGilly

GixxerGilly Moderator +

shaddup Patrick -- eeek you mean dont have face book open ......... OMG I might miss something lol

3. BigglesVII

BigglesVII Guest

I know what the problem is I had the same problem when having facebook and other sites open at the same time. Windows 7 sets the virtual memory too low to handle multiple tabs with facebook open. Just go to Control panel > System & Security > System > Advance System Settings > Performance > Advanced Then click on change. Disable the automatic manage for the paging files and set the custom to initial 1525 and maximum 2000. That should resolve the problem it uses a slightly higher amount of hard drive space as memory. This has fixed the same issue on three different computers so i'm pretty confident it will solve yours :)

Sporty1200 likes this.
  4. Roadwart

Roadwart Administrator Staff Member Administrator +

Thanks for the reply on that Biggles. :thumbsup: Lets hope it sorts Gill out. :D

5. deano81

deano81 Secret prototype +

good call fella, thats a good possibilty although i must admit i usually find more issues where the virtual mem has been set manually rather than being left on automatic, but saying that, it is a microsoft operating system after all and it does some random stuff all the time . :disco:

Roadwart likes this.
  6. BigglesVII

BigglesVII Guest

Yeah its the first windows OS ive ever had that problem with, maybe they expect everyone to be running over 2gb of memory as standard on their pcs.

7. GixxerGilly

GixxerGilly Moderator +

tHANK YOU SOO MUCH XX NO TIME TO TRY IT NOW bIGGLES BUT i WILL BE DOING XXX
    ooops caps xx

8. Yoda

Yoda Sport Tourer + Site Supporter

<%)<%) Had a Few Gill ???

9. GixxerGilly

GixxerGilly Moderator +

no lol was packing the car and stood leaning over desktop having a catch up xx
    will check this link out proper when i get back Monday x

10. Yoda

Yoda Sport Tourer + Site Supporter

Done asking me to restart so will try this thanks Biggles :)