1. You are currently not signed in. If you are already a registered user Please log in to get the full benefit from this site. If not, why not register and gain full access to our wonderful forums, view topics, make posts, and more! So if your not already a user, you can register by simply clicking the button to the right of this notice.

Battery not charging from bike?

Discussion in 'Mechanical' started by Sporty1200, Mar 1, 2012.

1. kitten_art

kitten_art Race Rep +

:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

2. Skortchio

Skortchio Caustic +

12days! Are they going to mine the copper and wind it by hand?!

Sorry to hear you're having a mare with this fella, if you want a Triumph to borrow in the meantime... just have to take it for the MoT first. ;)

deano81 and Sporty1200 like this.
  3. lost

lost Samsung leaflet fetishist +

don't forget to check the rectifier after changing the stator as that can be taken taken out as well

Sporty1200 likes this.
  4. Sporty1200

Sporty1200 British Superbike +

Phoned Honda UK re just exchanging the part and letting me fit it. The receptionist was polite but had a ''none will pass'' my desk attitude so i have asked to speak to a supervisor. That was Tuesday morning, apparently Honda ''aim to call me back within 3 days'' .... Waiting :unsure: still waiting :hairout:

5. Panel Man

Panel Man Secret prototype +

Remember: 'Your call is important to us'.

[looks for wooden spoon icon]

6. Sporty1200

Ive resigned myself to doing it via Gedges, thinking about it, now been diagnosed, letting them check the rectifier and oil etc makes sense. Its booked in for the 15th, could be 6-8 working days from then to turn it round... :cry2:

Might have to tax the Harley... (:(:(:

7. GuzziRob

GuzziRob Race Rep +

If it done under Warrenty?, then surely, they should lend you something

kitten_art likes this.
  8. kitten_art

kitten_art Race Rep +

Yes they bloody well should!

Sporty1200 likes this.
  9. Sporty1200

My bikes out of warranty its the part that they have extended warranty on so those were my thoughts too :thumbsup: , thats why im awaiting a call from Honda Uk. I want to clarify exactly what they will cover, i.e oil, filter Stator and possible rectifier as Gedges in Hastings don't seem sure i want to be crystal clear, in my experience this always pays in the first instance.

deano81 and kitten_art like this.