1. You are currently not signed in. If you are already a registered user Please log in to get the full benefit from this site. If not, why not register and gain full access to our wonderful forums, view topics, make posts, and more! So if your not already a user, you can register by simply clicking the button to the right of this notice.

Easter Run for the Children's Trust (Good Friday 6th April)

Discussion in 'General Rideouts' started by Tusky, Mar 10, 2012.

1. lammyR6

lammyR6 Moderator Staff Member Moderator + Site Supporter

Well, if you've got a recommended twisty route I've got a sat nav. Hopefully it will get me less lost than Sporty's ;). We could always pick another centralish meeting point if that's easier.

2. Tusky

Tusky Off Roader +

Would love to do you a route...... it will be about 20 miles longer than straight there and might have a few bumps on the way but at least it does not include the A21, A22, A23 or the A25 ;)

I don't rule out coming down or meeting up with you guys on route.... Just depends on the other half getting her bike out and what her plans are regarding getting there. :)

3. Tusky

Tusky Off Roader +

This would be the route from Wessons if dry, some roads you will know and some you wont ;)

Easter Run Map Link

4. Sporty1200

Sporty1200 British Superbike +

Looks good to me Jezza :thumbsup: not done that as a route. Weather permitting im in :D.

5. Tusky

Tusky Off Roader +

Thought had better scope the route for potholes and newly laid surfaces as last weeks weather was so nice, pleased to report it was pretty good, no VERY GOOD as long as you don't mind a few bumps and possible to do in an hour, if you break every speed limit but allow an 1 hr 20mins if you don't know the roads :thumbsup:

Sporty1200 likes this.
  6. Panel Man

Panel Man Secret prototype +

What time do you all want to leave Wessons? I know I should be working next Friday but as I haven't got out today (or yesterday), I deserve a ride!

7. Tusky

Tusky Off Roader +

8:30am unless peeps want a different meeting place ;)

8. Panel Man

Thanks. So I'd better set my alarm or maybe I'll set off the night before (in case I get lost, you see) ;)

kitten_art likes this.
  9. Fergy

Fergy Secret prototype +

So is anyone heading off from this side of the area? Hastings, battle way that is? Mind if I tag along?

10. Tusky

Tusky Off Roader +

Just a thought but what about 1066 cafe leaving at 8:00am and on via Wesson's (if anyone wants to meet there) leaving at 8:30am ?

Would mean that peeps could get an early morning cuppa or breakfast, if they get to the 1066 cafe early ;)

11. Panel Man

Do they do dinners? (I mean for the night before)?

12. Sporty1200

Sporty1200 British Superbike +

Ill join in from Wessons, you happy to lead us Jezza? :thumbsup:

13. Finchy

Finchy Guest

I might be up for a ride out... if there's an alternative rendezvous en route. Coming all that way South, only to then head North again is a PITA. Are there any cafe's around the Eridge area where I could wait for you guys to trundle past? Nothing worse than sitting by the roadside waiting (and waiting... and waiting) for someone to turn up.

14. Russell

Russell Race Rep +

Do they prefer eggs or is cash just as good?

15. Finchy

Finchy Guest

Half a dozen free-range should do nicely :).

16. Tusky

Tusky Off Roader +

Looks like it ;) 2nd man drop off and wife can make her own way to Boxhill :whistle:

None that I know of on route, there's a bakers on the left at Groombridge just after the hump back bridge when coming from Eridge. Where do you live?

17. Finchy

Finchy Guest

I'm up on Sheppey, hence coming in from Tunbridge direction. I doubt that the bakers will be open on Friday, but you never know. I'll StreetView the area to see if I can find anything. What time do you think you'll be passing Eridge?

18. Hanna

Hanna Street Fighter +

I might come out to play... Sporty, shall I swing by yours on the way to Wessons?

19. Finchy

Finchy Guest

Right, I'm going to pick up the route at Eridge and do it in reverse until I stumble across you lot heading my way. I'll jump-in at 08:50.

If anyone else is coming in from Tunbridge Wells / Maidstone, feel free to join up here too (unless you want a delicious bacon sandwich, as you'll need to head down to Wessons for that).

20. Finchy

Finchy Guest

Oh and when I say 'reverse', I mean heading South, not riding backwards. Smart arse.