1. You are currently not signed in. If you are already a registered user Please log in to get the full benefit from this site. If not, why not register and gain full access to our wonderful forums, view topics, make posts, and more! So if your not already a user, you can register by simply clicking the button to the right of this notice.

Easter Run for the Children's Trust (Good Friday 6th April)

Discussion in 'General Rideouts' started by Tusky, Mar 10, 2012.

1. NAPA121

NAPA121 Secret prototype +

I'll be going with my wife (Jenny) as pillion as we have the day free without the kids so hopefully we'll meet a few of you.

We are going directly to Boxhill and plan to arrive about 9:45am.

Cheers
    Neil

2. Tusky

Tusky Off Roader +

If you're not sure of our exact route, we will be going past this place between 9:00am - 9:10am, you can't miss it.... loads of caravans;)

A 264 Crossroads Map

3. NAPA121

NAPA121 Secret prototype +

lol...Cheers Tusky....I think i might know where that is beep beep :).

Cheers for the offer but it's easier for us to make our own way there as i will be riding with pillion and so not sure on the pace.

See you there buddy

4. Fergy

Fergy Secret prototype +

Sorry, but who is meeting where and when? Or are we all just meeting at Wesson for 8am?

5. Tusky

Tusky Off Roader +

At the moment it is Wessons whenever you like but it will be closed and we will be leaving at 8:30am, if anyone wants to meet at the A264 crossroads, we will be there at 9:00am leaving at 9:10am

Finally, if anybody wants to go from the 1066 Cafe, then I could go by there first leaving there at 8:00am. Please let me know if anybody is wanting to do this as I will not go there unless you say so.

Hope that's all understood and my time keeping will be good, so if anybody is late, they have to play catchup, as we will have left ;)

Weather is looking dry :)

Sporty1200 and Finchy like this.
  6. Fergy

Fergy Secret prototype +

Thanks tusky. I will head to wessons unless Leila or any others want to meet at 1066 first?

7. alexs

alexs World Superbike +

I'm new to ride outs here but looks like a good route and cause so count me in. I live quite near to the A264 crossroads but will make it a longer ride and meet you all at Wessons so if you see me (the avatar is my daughter I'm not that small, but she does have on my helmet) riding a blue sv1000 it'll be good to say hello.

8. Roadwart

Roadwart Administrator Staff Member Administrator +

Alex, send me a PM with your address mate & Ill get some stickers in the post for your bike/helmet etc Just let me know if you black, white or Silver. That way you`ll never miss a forum member again :thumbsup:

9. lammyR6

lammyR6 Moderator Staff Member Moderator + Site Supporter

Really sorry guys but going to have to bail on this one. My little bro's last day before he heads back to Oz so we are going to do a short local ride in the morning and then he has to get his stuff together. Hope you have a fab day. Will keep in touch with some of you and see what sort of time you're heading back this way in case I can get out again and meet you somewhere for an end of ride cuppa.

10. Sporty1200

Sporty1200 British Superbike +

Ill meet at Wessons too, just before the 8:30 leaving time. :thumbsup:

11. Tusky

Tusky Off Roader +

See you at 8:29am ;)

12. Tusky

Tusky Off Roader +

Well it's a bit :brr: but the roads are dry and it's :sun2:

See you at Wesson, A264 crossroads or Boxhill....... should be a good one :thumbsup:

13. Panel Man

Panel Man Secret prototype +

No chance for me today I'm afraid chaps and chapesses. Unexpected visitors and I'm still doing last night's work :-(

Weather looks decent, though. Have a good time everyone!

14. Finchy

Finchy Guest

Great rideout today - thanks for organising it. Amazing Spring day (if a little cold to start with), some fab roads, good company and all topped off with bringing some joy to some really disadvantaged kids. All-in-all, a great time.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

alexs, Tusky and Sporty1200 like this.
  15. Biscuit

Biscuit Commuter 500 +

oh pooo why didnt i look on site yesterday would have loved to do this
    but well done peeps nice to see :)

Sporty1200 and Tusky like this.
  16. Sporty1200

Sporty1200 British Superbike +

Twas a Good Friday indeed :thumbsup: I love to see rabbits, elephants and pink panthers riding motorcycles :)

Thanks to Tusky for sorting the rideout and route, its a good scenic route from down here to up there. Note to self, dont wear summer gloves with holes and no base layer thermals when ther's frost on the ground :dunce:, it was a little :brr: to begin with but soon warmed up in the sun :sun2: :sun2::sun2:

Great to meet Alex (he's bigger than his avatar would suggest) and Finchy on his new machine :thumbsup: as well as Emma + Russell who ive not seen for a while. Thanks for the coffee Fergy and good luck for next week.

A good Friday indeed. Now where's my beer. :D

Russell, Finchy and Tusky like this.
  17. Finchy

Finchy Guest

(I've already finished two much-needed ciders %))

Tusky and Sporty1200 like this.
  18. Finchy

Finchy Guest

BTW, most impressed with Tusky's riding - he can certainly make that big GS hustle! :)

V.. and Tusky like this.
  19. Tusky

Tusky Off Roader +

Thank you so much for coming guys + Emma :)

A chilly but enjoyable hoon from Wessons to Boxhill on the twistie back roads...... Nice grippy surface and not too much traffic considering it was a bank holiday. It really made me smile having my mirrors full of KTM and Speed Triple from East Grinstead onwards ;)

Photos look great Finchy..... Thanks for posting them and the corner marking between hunting me down :)

Finchy, Russell and Sporty1200 like this.
  20. alexs

alexs World Superbike +

Thanks for the welcome and fun ride to Box (great to do something worthwhile too seeing those kids with their choccys).....Sporty noticed I'm bigger than my avatar (daughter) however the pic of me with Fergy and Russell would suggest I'm a giant which is also not correct! I look forward to meeting for another ride out soon. Cheers guys

Tusky likes this.